CLK with baby and two adults

B

bondok

Hi!

I am currently planning to buy a Mercedes CLK 200 2005. I have a concern: we are having a baby next Feb, and my parents are probably going to visit. Do you think that this model will fit 4 adults (me, my wife, my parents) and the baby???

Thanks,
Bondok

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Not easily .. Kids in the back are ok ,..elderly adults a big No ... Baby seats in back ..ok but a pain to get to... I wouldnt recommend it.. Go for a c class...

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It def cant take 5 ... There is no middle seat in the back just a parcel shelf area... No seating or middle seat belt..

OP
B

bondok

I am not sure, but can we put the car seat in the middle, and two adults would sit on the two sides? The CLK looks much better than the C Class... I cannot resist it :(

avsdoyle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209/2004/320 Petrol
I have a w209 CLK and you cannot get a child seat and two adults in the back. As advised by previous post access to the back seats is not that easy. Ok for kids/young adults.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dont even think of doing this..... When your child flies thru the windscreen in his safety seat you will never forgive yourself ... You need safety not vanity...

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Clk is not suitable for your needs fella. If you really want a merc go for a 211 e class as st4 states

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
could you not fit a few anchor points in the boot for the child seat:lol:

( I am just kidding by the way...for gods sake dont do it!:shock:)

get a c or e class estate...you just cant go wrong with one of them:cool:

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
When a child comes along your car selection has to suffer! You need something with four/five doors, a decent boot and top of the list, plenty of rear legroom.

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
CLK is classed by Mercedes as a 4 seater. That's 4 souls, large or small.

Insurance companies will use the 4 seater rating as an absolute max number of passengers (even though you could still get a wardrobe in the back seat with 'em if you wanted to).

So unless you want a very nasty surprise in the event (heaven forbid) of a serious crash, I would say don't go any further down this line of thought.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think we scared him off... Only these 2 posts ....

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom