clk worries

andy66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 c180k with sports pack
hi everyone,i have recently bought a clk320 avantgarde 2000 x reg and it seems to be making knocking /runbling sounds when going over rough ground/speed humps,i have had different mercs in the past and this sound has usually been down to the droplinks so i was not too concerned when test driving it,i had a better look today but can not see the drop links on this car!
do these models have drop links and if not what should i be looking at that might be causing these noises thanks in advance

OP
andy66

andy66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks malcolm,i thought i was going mad!car is due mot in a month so i will put it in early and see what they say,are these hard to replace?

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Focus, CLK 230, 911, Spitfire MK II
I had a similar problem early this year I had to have the ball joints replaced as well. Cost almost half the price at an indie that it did at the dealership!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I had a similar problem early this year I had to have the ball joints replaced as well. Cost almost half the price at an indie that it did at the dealership!

Thank you for mentioning them,,I forgot,,and very important

OP
andy66

andy66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hi everyone,just an update,car passed mot this morning but with advisory for play in n/s balljoint and play in n/s wheel bearing so not as bad as i thought...thanks for all the advice

Top Bottom