clk270cdi cold starting problems

billyfergy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk270cdi 2003
hi folk can any one assist me further, thanks to some recent posts ive found out the need to replace the seals on the fuel lines , but the problem im now having is i cant seem to get the fuel back to the pump, is there maybe a slave lift pump that i should be checking as the fuel pump was supposedly changed last year after a breakdown, again in below freezing temps. im at my wits end now with this car but really dont want to part with it, so back outside to the snow to see if i can think of anything else while you all send you advise thanks B:confused:

142 TPL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 CDI Estate SLK 320
All you can do is fill the fuel filter with fuel and keep cranking

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You need a star test to see if you have rail pressure. If you have less than 1/4 tank of fuel drop a jerry can in the tank. The leak off system can symphon all the fuel to the L/H side of the saddle tank and leave the r/h side bone dry, this is the side the engine draws diesel from. Had one of these this week turned out the high pressure pump was goosed.

OP
B

billyfergy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk270cdi 2003
thanks guys

as it happens i finally managed it with the addition of a new tool to my box and a now impending shopping trip b4 xmas dinner to replace it, The turkey baster, used it to fill the filter and the fuel lines to the pump and hey presto running fine now but due to the cold and my being fed up i managed to break yet another of those locking tabs on the end of the lines so back to the dealer on monday for another line (ouch), but if thats the cold starting problems over im happy, thanks for your input guys :D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom