CLK55 AMG engine change w209

baz.purdue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK55 AMG 2003
Hi all.
I have a 2003 CLK55 cabrio, the car is great, other then the long list of faults that keep appearing quicker than I can get them fixed, but the major one at the moment is an oil leak. However yesterday my friend was behind me (he's an ex mechanic) and he said when I put some power down I left behind a big black cloud of smoke eminating from under the front of the car. Now it is using or leaking about 1ltr/100miles. When stationary the smell of burning oil is pretty strong. my ex mechanic mate thought my piston rings may be shot, but when he checked to see if there was pressure on
The oil filler cap there was non. Does anyone have any ideas? I do have a puddle of oil under the front end every day, but it's not massive.
Also if the piston rings have gone the expense would be pretty monumental, so am toying with engine replacement, however the only 5.4 v8 I've found so far is one from a e55 (2004 model) with the supercharger...anyone know if this will fit?
Many thanks
Baz

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
I think its more likely your leak is coming from crankcase pressure being built up due to blocked breathers. And that the internals of your engine are actually fine. This will force oil up into the intake and cause smoking on acceleration.
I wouldn t be condeming the engine just yet

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Hi Baz,

Why dont you pop the car over on monday/tuesday and we can drop the engine covers down and see where the leak is coming from/what the problem is. I dont think you have internal issues, if so it would be the first one I have seen without some other influence causing the problem.

OP
B

baz.purdue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK55 AMG 2003
Thanks

Cheers Steve,
Sent you an email via your website, look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again.
Baz

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom