Close boot separater

Trish Kellett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class 220 4D/A Cdi 2014
Hi not sure who to post this to so hopefully you can help, I'm getting the message close boot separater on my E220 cdi sports convertible, I've had my Mercedes for just over a year never has the message before do I need to take to a garage or is there something I can do!
So want to go out in this stunning weather with the roof down!
Thanks
Trish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
In the boot you should have a roll back separator, which defines how much you can put in the boot when the top is down and using up space. It has a micro switch that closes when the separator is properly in place.
Is your boot separator in place? Can you detect and confirm that the micro switch is working?
Have you rolled up the separator at any time (for using the whole boot storage capacity for example)? If so, just pull it unrolled again.

OP
T

Trish Kellett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for getting in touch I will go and have a look now, I've not rolled up anything in the boot so not sure what's happened, my car the 2014 model I dont store anything in the boot other than my boot organizer....

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
As per above you cannae open the roof unless the boot separator is in the lower position.

With the separator in the correct position the roof should open. If not just move the separator a bit as the microswitch might not have fully engaged.

OP
T

Trish Kellett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks everyone for replying I went into my local Mercedes dealer and they have sorted it, so simple, enjoying the sunshine now!
Trish

StefJake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class cabriolet 2014 250
In the boot you should have a roll back separator, which defines how much you can put in the boot when the top is down and using up space. It has a micro switch that closes when the separator is properly in place.
Is your boot separator in place? Can you detect and confirm that the micro switch is working?
Have you rolled up the separator at any time (for using the whole boot storage capacity for example)? If so, just pull it unrolled again.

I’ve pulled mine down but it doesn’t seem to have any tension and keeps on flopping back so that it’s neither up nor down

Any ideas on what I should do or should I go back to the garage for a professional fix?

Thanks in anticipation

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom