CLS 63 AMG Shooting Brake Review

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The one I have seen only had 2 proper seats in the back. The third was no more than a leather in fill panel with a seat belt i.e. just enough to call it a 5 seater.

Imagine going a long way on that, :shock:

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Three seats, three headrests, very similar to the rear seats in my old 203. Middle seat is quite comfortable. The transmission tunnel is more of a pain

comfortcls.jpg

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They do not show the bit you sit on :D Still not rated as 5 seats from most test and reviews no matter what Mercedes call it

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
that back seat set-up

looks very much like my s-class, with the fold-down arm and storage box. That is listed as a five seater, as you can get a 2 seat only in the rear option as well, with no 5th belt and head rest..

I think MB have shot themselves in the foot here. If they had come up with a 7-seater, I'd be banging on the dealer's door right now with my cheque-book.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
looks very much like my s-class, with the fold-down arm and storage box. That is listed as a five seater, as you can get a 2 seat only in the rear option as well, with no 5th belt and head rest..

I think MB have shot themselves in the foot here. If they had come up with a 7-seater, I'd be banging on the dealer's door right now with my cheque-book.

They do an E class estate for that.

This car is amazing, I want one.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This car is amazing, I want one.

Just boys and their toys dreams, there is not one country in the civilized world where you can drive a car like that on a normal road without getting banned for a long time. Hardly anyone would ever have a go on a race track in their life time, yet alone have the £1k to replace all the tyres after a run like that.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Just boys and their toys dreams, there is not one country in the civilized world where you can drive a car like that on a normal road without getting banned for a long time. Hardly anyone would ever have a go on a race track in their life time, yet alone have the £1k to replace all the tyres after a run like that.

That could be said about any of the current AMG offerings. Howevet they also do versions with smaller engines.

BTW The photo I posted showed the bit you sit on. It's a five seater, unless you can post a review saying it isn't, or saying it is not a good seat.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That could be said about any of the current AMG offerings. Howevet they also do versions with smaller engines.

BTW The photo I posted showed the bit you sit on. It's a five seater, unless you can post a review saying it isn't, or saying it is not a good seat.

Parker's
4.5 /5.0

September 2012

Beautiful cabin, high levels of comfort, strong performance, and 250 CDI CO2 emissions are impressively low. Pricey servicing and maintenance, middle rear seat is not for adults, and 250 CDI is vocal when pushed.

Whatcar
Space & Practicality
4 out of 5 stars

Review-Cabin It might have slinky styling and a plunging roofline, but the CLS is still roomy enough for four six-footers. Just don’t expect to squeeze in a fifth – the centre console runs the full length of the cabin, cutting the rear bench in two. There are some handy storage cubbies in the console, plus the boot is large and well shaped.

There is loads of the same thing out there and as others on this thread have said no seat base and one sits astride the tunnel on a piece of plastic

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver

Its why the 250cdi would be fine for me. Its just lovely to look at, and it will be nice to drive even not so fast. Its a stiffer bodyshell than a 212 and that car is lovely to drive in.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Its why the 250cdi would be fine for me. Its just lovely to look at, and it will be nice to drive even not so fast. Its a stiffer bodyshell than a 212 and that car is lovely to drive in.

Yes I can go along with that Steve, and why not, the way prices are falling it could be your next car :D:D

With a hatch rear door it is hard to say if it will be stiffer or not, though the oval shape should be perfect, a round tube has much more strength that a square one

Last edited:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Yes I can go along with that Steve, and why not, the way prices are falling it could be your next car :D:D

It will be my next car ;) Sorry to go on about but the C class estate really is good, wonderful and it had me stumped as to what Mercedes I would get next other than another C class wagon, until i saw this.

With a hatch rear door it is hard to say if it will be stiffer or not, though the oval shape should be perfect, a round tube has much more strength that a square one

It won't be as stiff as a CLS saloon/coupe, but at least as stiff as my C estate and stiffer than an E estate/saloon. The 218 IIRC is 40% stiffer than a 212. The same was true of a 219 to a 211. The 219s were so much nicer to drive than the 211s and no less comfortable. Just a tigher bodyshell.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom