CLS or S-Class?

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
Re the OP's question, I think there is a big issue here. If you buy a used S it will be on a far less favourable agility deal than with a new CLS. Also, given that the S is about to be replaced this year, its value will drop faster than Prince Harry's drawers so I think its a very bad idea to buy one. There are some tremendous lease deals on the outgoing S if that is the car you are set on.
I was actually in a very similar predicament to you back in May, I opted for the CLS due to feedback from colleagues who all said an S class is for the slightly older gentlemen, a CLS is a signal of intent, but not a fully fledged acceptance of age.
Are you buying cash or finance?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Re the OP's question, I think there is a big issue here. If you buy a used S it will be on a far less favourable agility deal than with a new CLS. Also, given that the S is about to be replaced this year, its value will drop faster than Prince Harry's drawers so I think its a very bad idea to buy one. There are some tremendous lease deals on the outgoing S if that is the car you are set on.
I was actually in a very similar predicament to you back in May, I opted for the CLS due to feedback from colleagues who all said an S class is for the slightly older gentlemen, a CLS is a signal of intent, but not a fully fledged acceptance of age.

You have some very valid points all through you post, thanks I had forgotten that the new one is on its way :D:D

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
OP
300SL

300SL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 W216 CL63 AMG

I am almost 40. I think I will wait for the next S-Class as I do like the images shown my MB. Thank you everyone for the help. However, what should I get in the mean time. I might just hire a Mercedes if I can.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am almost 40. I think I will wait for the next S-Class as I do like the images shown my MB. Thank you everyone for the help. However, what should I get in the mean time. I might just hire a Mercedes if I can.

Just buy a £500 old C 202 they still go well :D:D

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

You can borrow my ML350 and ask your wife to crash it for me(going by your autosig)! I'm blessed with two cars and only need one!

To give an idea of depreciation, my CLS was specced at £56k, I paid £48 after a lot of haggling, have put 3,000 miles on it and due to my wifes condition deteriorating asked the dealer what I'd get for it now. £42 from the dealer, he'll sell it for £48 again.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I'd go for the S class any day. The CLS is the ugliest car on the market.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
S class unless you really do press on driving. I used to think too big and overrated until my Dad bought one and nearly new it's fantastic value for money and a restful jolly car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class unless you really do press on driving. I used to think too big and overrated until my Dad bought one and nearly new it's fantastic value for money and a restful jolly car.

Big does have its draw backs, on narrow road little cars pass through gaps that I cannot, buses coming from the other way can force me to stop, mainly on bends, once on the full size road they come into their own, fast, silent and just so smooth.

OP
300SL

300SL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 W216 CL63 AMG
Thanks for the offer but I might by a £500 C202 and just see what I can get. Should be intresting.

OP
300SL

300SL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 W216 CL63 AMG
I think I will try a C202 and see what I can get. Should be a bit of fun.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom