CLS320 CDI exhaust upgrade

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I’m probably a lone voice but I don’t like them :( I think they’re too wide and therefore too close to the corners. So close I could see parking issues on low kerbs.

I think the Mercedes quad pipes sit closer into the centre so don’t have the same issue.
No I'm not a huge fan either.
Quad tips are a bit "gauche" in my view unless factory fitted. Mimicing the quad tips of an AMG is a bit like fitting faux AMG badges. Sometimes less is more.
However I respect that my views are not necessarily yours and may be in the minority and it is only my opinion/taste.

If you're happy that's all that counts.
I've had quite a bit if work done by Powerflow over the years and have always been pleased with the results.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
OEM quad pipes
U6WdQKl.jpg

OP
Liam.Moran

Liam.Moran

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 CLS320CDI, 1989 190 2.0. 2013 Smart ForTwo
Ok, so it’s just the bumper that’s different on the quad tipped AMG?

If so I retract my previous statement and submit that I like the exhausts it’s the bumper I’m slightly unhappy with :D

Yeah the bumper is different on the quad tipped AMG and two tipped “AMG sport” models but the tips are in the same place

I was tempted to try and find a sport kit but I think the car looks a little more elegant with the standard bodywork.

CLS55 AMG
IMG_2109.jpg

CLS320 with the AMG sport body kit
IMG_2110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Liam.Moran

Liam.Moran

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No I'm not a huge fan either.
Quad tips are a bit "gauche" in my view unless factory fitted. Mimicing the quad tips of an AMG is a bit like fitting faux AMG badges. Sometimes less is more.
However I respect that my views are not necessarily yours and may be in the minority and it is only my opinion/taste.

If you're happy that's all that counts.
I've had quite a bit if work done by Powerflow over the years and have always been pleased with the results.

Yeah I was a little worried at first that it would look like I’m trying to make a fake AMG, but I’m really happy with the results think it looks tasteful but looks a little tougher, plus the way I see it AMG started as a tuning company, some pre merger official AMGs are simply a body kit and an exhaust (I draw the line at fake badges however!)

OP
Liam.Moran

Liam.Moran

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Plenty of clearance for parking, really glad I ceramic coated the tips before they were fitted, staying nice and clean now! IMG_2129.jpg

OP
Liam.Moran

Liam.Moran

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As promised an exhaust sound video, starting with a few revs and accelerating, hard accelerating and lastly a pass of the camera at a steady 60 (nice and quiet almost silent)

oddly I stopped for a horse rider who was chatting to someone on the footpath, looking a little shocked when he looked up when passing said "sorry I didn't hear you you're car is very quiet!"

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
As promised an exhaust sound video, starting with a few revs and accelerating, hard accelerating and lastly a pass of the camera at a steady 60 (nice and quiet almost silent)

oddly I stopped for a horse rider who was chatting to someone on the footpath, looking a little shocked when he looked up when passing said "sorry I didn't hear you you're car is very quiet!"

Sounds a lot better than my exhaust does.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom