Clutch pedal switch error code + changing gear issue related?

Hustler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe 1.8L
Hi guys,

For many years I've had the following code appear when connecting a scanner to my vehicle:

P204D-001
S40/4 (Clutch pedal switch), Fault

My car also has an issue when changing gears, particularly from 1st gear to second gear. When taking off from stationary and you want to take off fast, when you press the clutch to shift from 1st to second gear, there is a sudden loss of power and kind of jolt when switching gear. (It is hard to explain without a video, but I'm hoping someone may get what I mean?)

As a result, it is difficult to make a smooth and fast take off because as soon as you press the clutch the revs go straight down and it's difficult to smoothly and speedily take off.

After all these years, I've just had a sudden brain wave and am now thinking that the error code above is related to this issue!?

Whether that is the case or not, how would I go about fixing the clutch pedal switch error? I'm guessing this switch is located easily somewhere above the clutch pedal?

Vehicle is 2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe, 1.8L, petrol, manual (W203).

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom