Coil Light not coming on for about 30 seconds.

Mr Chogalong

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 Mercedes Vito 108D
Hello out there. I only recently bought my Vito and it's been great so far, i gather because the previous owner was a caring owner. Couple of things i need some advice on though please.
1) The coil light doesn't come on for about 30 seconds, it comes on straight away if i turn the engine on though and stays on for about a minute. I have little understanding apart from the coils are meant to heat the fuel. Any ideas?

2) The engine temperature guage doesn't go up to half way like every other vehicle i've ever owned? It sits between a quarter and half way. Any clues?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Thermostat change and check Glowplugs.

OP
M

Mr Chogalong

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 Mercedes Vito 108D
How

Thanks and how do you check glow plugs?

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
As above, new thermostat and either a glowplug or more down or problem with the glow plug relay.

Test the glow plugs by disconnecting the +ve lead to them and measure their resistance with a multi meter. It should be 1 ohm or less. Although this is not always fool proof, it can give you a good indication as to which one(s) have failed.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom