Cold start

Desmac

Reaction score
My C200K runs like a pig (chugging etc.) for the first minute after a cold start. After that it runs OK. It has happened all summer and I thought it was an over active choke or whatever the computer equivalent of that is and that it would be fine when the mornings became colder but it`s just the same. Any suggestions?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Can you give us a bit more info on the car i.e year model 202 or 203 and what engine it has in it

OP
D

Desmac

Reaction score
re cold start

Sorry, I`m new to this. It is a 2003 C200 with Kompressor 1800 engine. The chugging stops when revs are applied and the engine does not seem to be 'missing'. Also the problem goes away within a minute if left idling.

OP
D

Desmac

Reaction score
Can you give us a bit more info on the car i.e year model 202 or 203 and what engine it has in it
Sorry, I`m new to this. It is a 2003 C200 with Kompressor 1800 engine. The chugging stops when revs are applied and the engine does not seem to be 'missing'. Also the problem goes away within a minute if left idling.

A

andy@pcd-ltd

No worries.

If it has a 271 engine in it there is a pipe that maybe split that is common on these cars.

OP
D

Desmac

Reaction score
Thanks for that, really appreciate it. Which pipe should I tell my mechanic to check?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Its a pipe that is down the side of the engine underneath the air filter housing.
Thats saying it is a 271 engine

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom