Cold start

Desmac

Reaction score
My C200K runs like a pig (chugging etc.) for the first minute after a cold start. After that it runs OK. It has happened all summer and I thought it was an over active choke or whatever the computer equivalent of that is and that it would be fine when the mornings became colder but it`s just the same. Any suggestions?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Can you give us a bit more info on the car i.e year model 202 or 203 and what engine it has in it

OP
D

Desmac

Reaction score
re cold start

Sorry, I`m new to this. It is a 2003 C200 with Kompressor 1800 engine. The chugging stops when revs are applied and the engine does not seem to be 'missing'. Also the problem goes away within a minute if left idling.

OP
D

Desmac

Reaction score
Can you give us a bit more info on the car i.e year model 202 or 203 and what engine it has in it
Sorry, I`m new to this. It is a 2003 C200 with Kompressor 1800 engine. The chugging stops when revs are applied and the engine does not seem to be 'missing'. Also the problem goes away within a minute if left idling.

A

andy@pcd-ltd

No worries.

If it has a 271 engine in it there is a pipe that maybe split that is common on these cars.

OP
D

Desmac

Reaction score
Thanks for that, really appreciate it. Which pipe should I tell my mechanic to check?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Its a pipe that is down the side of the engine underneath the air filter housing.
Thats saying it is a 271 engine

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom