colour

Bogart

Reaction score
im intending buying an E class from possibly 1998 to 2002. Now my wife has stipulated that it must be Gold coloured with the cream leather interior.
Now what i would like to know are the names of the two, I believe, gold colours from around this time even though one I believe is called xxxxxx
silver though looks a pale gold.

Regards

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
im intending buying an E class from possibly 1998 to 2002. Now my wife has stipulated that it must be Gold coloured

Don't listen to her - GOLD!! you crazy fool! ..... unless of course you are wanting to show your age - trying to look out of date and out of touch, bad taste, stuck in the 70's / 80's and really dull and boring, then gold it has to be. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only messing with you, each to their own........but seriously GOLD!

Last edited:

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
I think the colour your refering too is jewish racing gold. or smoke silver.

jib

74merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C280 Sport Estate
For the 210 series, Travertine Beige is the colour you're looking for. I think the most common interior colour to match is Java.

MarkCL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
Champagne silver? Personally I agree with the comments about how bleh it is but each to their own ;)

Cheers,
Mark

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I like the gold colour. Its quite subtle and different from the bright sliver that we all seem to have.
Anyway yes, as above, its called travertine beige.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So all that glitters is not gold;)

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Edit..

I'll Probably offend one of those people that sits in front of their computer all day waiting to be offended and able to complain...

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Edit..

I'll Probably offend one of those people that sits in front of their computer all day waiting to be offended and able to complain...

I went out today for lunch:D:D

dursleyman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E220CDI Elegance Estate, 1977 Triumph TR7 FHC, 1980 Triumph TR7 DHC
We have a 2005 W211 estate in Travertine Beige Metallic ( paint code 693 ) which actually looks like a pale gold colour, the interior is code 835 leather in pebble beige which actually looks like a cream colour. Sounds like those are what the lady is looking for.
It looks great and is at least different from all those silver cars out there.
Don't be put off by everyone else, you will like it.

OP
B

Bogart

Reaction score
Thanks for ALL the replies:D

As stated its her choice but I must say I do think it makes a change from all the silver ones knocking about.

Now one more question whilst Im here its regarding the rust warranty.

Am I correct in thinking that MB will rectify rust problems due to poor manufacture for 8 years from date of registration?

If thats the case maybe I should get one that still has a valid rust guarantee.

Cheers

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
I'm certain not.

I always marvel that those who write in to Pointless Views/ talkback on the BBC.

"Dear BBC, Why oh why... ....I saw the distressing sight of a couple unclothed, I was outraged, so I watched for a futher 45 minutes to be certain that I was outraged..."

I like Terry WOgan am certain that there are people that sit in front of the TV (not you Malc) or radio with a pad of paper waiting to complain.

Was worried that I'd be complained about, banned, and then I'd have nothing to do at work any more :confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm certain not.

I always marvel that those who write in to Pointless Views/ talkback on the BBC.

"Dear BBC, Why oh why... ....I saw the distressing sight of a couple unclothed, I was outraged, so I watched for a futher 45 minutes to be certain that I was outraged..."

I like Terry WOgan am certain that there are people that sit in front of the TV (not you Malc) or radio with a pad of paper waiting to complain.

Was worried that I'd be complained about, banned, and then I'd have nothing to do at work any more :confused:

Its so true what you say, I see it when I do service calls:confused:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Thanks for ALL the replies:D

As stated its her choice but I must say I do think it makes a change from all the silver ones knocking about.

Now one more question whilst Im here its regarding the rust warranty.

Am I correct in thinking that MB will rectify rust problems due to poor manufacture for 8 years from date of registration?

If thats the case maybe I should get one that still has a valid rust guarantee.

Cheers

I wouldnt be too enthuastic about Mb covering your rust warranty, the car needs a full Mb service history, under 8 yrs old and you have to have owned it for at least 6 months , and that is only the initial hurdle .. next one is the guy in the Mb approved bodyshop if he doesnt like you then no go..

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
smoke silver is the colour your looking for. code 702. mine is this colour with a sort of mushroom soup crceamy beige leather interior. no idea what its called im afraid!

Top Bottom