Comand Diagnostics

Alex Green

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl500/2000/V8 5.0L
Hi all,

I've just checked through the codes on my Comand 2.5 on my W215 CL500 (MY2000) and these pop up.

2019-01-30-16-15-20.jpg

I've dug around a bit and I'm thinking:
  1. 0010 is a MAF issue
  2. B1777 is the ETR (emergency tension retractor) of the driver seat belt has been triggered 3 times and now it needs to be replaced. - Not a problem as I have new seats to go in.
  3. 0012 is Throttle Potentiometer Actuator??

Is 0012 something to do with a sensor on the throttle body or something to do with the accelerator pedal assembly giving up??

Should I change the MAF to a new Bosch unit?

Any insights from you knowledgeable chaps would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I didn't realise that engine fault codes could be read through Comand.
Every day is a learning day:)

Do you know if these are current or stored codes?
If your engine is running fine, why change parts ?(MAF/Throttle pedal)

OP
Alex Green

Alex Green

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl500/2000/V8 5.0L
I didn't realise that engine fault codes could be read through Comand.
Every day is a learning day:)

Do you know if these are current or stored codes?
If your engine is running fine, why change parts ?(MAF/Throttle pedal)

You make a very good point and as the wider world is not party to my internal thinking and machinations it probably would have been a good idea to preface my post with ...:)

The car has a lumpy/fluttery idle which I tried to sort by changing the harmonic balancer / crank pulley with brand new oem pulley. Unfortunately this didn't fix the flutter. Also, the car has stalled a couple of times from cold starts as the idle dies off when I've come to a stop. It's perfect when warm.

I'm also getting about 20mpg which is probably down to me driving on B roads to work daily rather than the car's fault. It gets driven properly

The codes are current as I cleared the codes a couple of months back to see what might pop up.

So....with that now in mind would the MAF thing potentially be a root cause for those symptoms?

What's the throttle potentiometer jobby all about......?

If you go to www.mercupgrades.com there's a very helpful article on what combination of comand buttons to press to show the hidden service menus. (Mute + 1 + 3) on my car.

Cheers

Alex

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom