COMAND from Eastern Europe........

liamcartwright

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 ML280 Edition 10
I'm going to retrofit Comand into my 54 reg C220 CDI & I've been looking on Ebay. Nearly all of them on there for my car are from Eastern Europe, has anybody bought one & had any problems??

Also can anybody please tell me if the following part number will be ok for my car A203 870 71 89 Harman/Becker BE 6096

Thanks in advance.

Liam.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Care needs to be taken over this,,that number does not fit into my charts though a VIN number would be needed for a real search

OP
L

liamcartwright

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 ML280 Edition 10
Care needs to be taken over this,,that number does not fit into my charts though a VIN number would be needed for a real search

Thanks Malcolm.

My VIN is WDC2030082R*54**8

Liam.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I heard tell that many of these units from eastern europe are stolen or not working.

But fear not for I believe that we have a forum member who installs them. A little more expensive no doubt, but new kit and working.

karlefr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w213
Bought two units from Lithuania.
They were just like new, and I checked if they were reported stolen with MB, they weren't!

There are a lot of Benz's exported to Eastern European countries and Russia. But there were no proper navigation maps available for those countries, so they ripped the Command and APS30 units out and sold them on Ebay!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bought two units from Lithuania.
They were just like new, and I checked if they were reported stolen with MB, they weren't!

There are a lot of Benz's exported to Eastern European countries and Russia. But there were no proper navigation maps available for those countries, so they ripped the Command and APS30 units out and sold them on Ebay!

I have heard the same,,only good reports from that guy, and he has been selling them for 5 years

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
I dont know why poor old Lithuania gets a bad name. The UK has plenty of thieving robbing barstewards. Glasgow is the murder capital of Europe, and I would not even get out of my car in some towns in England :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I dont know why poor old Lithuania gets a bad name. The UK has plenty of thieving robbing barstewards. Glasgow is the murder capital of Europe, and I would not even get out of my car in some towns in England :lol:

Very true Chas and quite scary:shock:

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
We had some guests visiting our county from Lithuania last year. The ladies were absolutely gorgeous, and pure class !! :Oops::lol::Oops:

Slightly off topic Malcolm, but I am well impressed with the MP40 player ;)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We had some guests visiting our county from Lithuania last year. The ladies were absolutely gorgeous, and pure class !! :Oops::lol::Oops:

Slightly off topic Malcolm, but I am well impressed with the MP40 player ;)

Mine will come shortly now the Pay Pal has be resolved

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

Some! any idea of any decent ones then?

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
The Cotswalds were very nice when I was in the RAF

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom