Comand, IPODS and phone. Help!

haggettd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi Avangarde Estate
Hi all.
My recently purchased 05 220CDi c-class (2 weeks now)
is fitted with Comand SatNav. It also has telephone pre-wire which includes what looks like a phone connector towards the front under the armrest.
There is no phone supplied nor does ther appear to be a cradle to fit a particular phone.
How does it all work? It'd be nice to use a phone legally if I have to and having the prewire already should mean I'm half way there.

I also have an IPOD and am interested to know how and whether this can be integrated into the Comand.
I do have a Belkin transmitter which sent an FM signal that the radio could pick up. This is okay but a bit crackly so wondered if there was a better solution.

Thanks in anticipation.. Dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Looks like you just need the cradle and the phone,,they must be compatible with the year of your car,,,there are many on Ebay cheap

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
You can get a cradle for your phone as Malc says. Alternatively you can go bluetooth and get a bluetooth cradle. There are 2 different ones from MB and an after market one called a Viseeo (which I have).
As for ipod - you can get an aux input socket installed (may even already have one fitted in the glovebox) or go the whole hog and have the MB ipod interface fitted which gives you full ipod control from the dash.
Have a look at
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/home.php?xid=cc867f395b9e8ddcc08ff0e2d104a778

OP
H

haggettd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi Avangarde Estate
Thanks chaps.
I've got my eyes on a cradle for £40 pounds and a matching phone for £25 (ebay of course).
I'll have a look for an Aux socket tonight. The full MB Comand installation sounds good - I'll have to check prices.

Thanks again...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom