Comand NTG 2.5 retrofit

mattsurf

Reaction score
I have recently seen several adverts (ebay of course) for the later COMAND unit, which suggests that it is a straight swap for an Audio 20 unit. Can anyone confirm that it is a relatively easy swap? I am assuming that STAR would be needed to register the new COMAND unit.

Does anyone have experience dealing with these sellers in Poland and Lithuania. Initially I assumed that the units must be stolen, however, they have sold many unit for all variety of cars and I would imagine that ebay would have taken action if this was a criminal enterprise, so I am wondering if they are buying them from a contract manufacturer - maybe some excess stock due to the collapse in car sales?

If this is all genuine and it is an easy swap £700 seems like a great price

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Matt,,yes it can be done,,but you need the correct Comand unit,,when you say later,,you cannot fit a most based head unit in a D2b car, and these things are year dependent. Some car need to go on STAR at the end, but an individual thing and I would need more detail of the car to be able to check

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I bought a unit for my SL320 from Eastern Europe and it was very good.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I bought a unit for my SL320 from Eastern Europe and it was very good.

That guy has been selling the Comands for years from Lithuania

OP
M

mattsurf

Reaction score
Hi Matt,,yes it can be done,,but you need the correct Comand unit,,when you say later,,you cannot fit a most based head unit in a D2b car, and these things are year dependent. Some car need to go on STAR at the end, but an individual thing and I would need more detail of the car to be able to check

Thanks TV
The car is a Mar 2006 pre-facelift car with the 3.0 V6 engine. I think that it may not be MOST as there is a no input port in the glovebox

Matt

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you put up or PM me your complete VIN I will find the retro fit papers. It will be MOST based I think, but you will need quite a few cables and a satellite antenna.

Once you have the retro fit paper, you can check on the price of the cables etc and see if it is all worth while

OP
M

mattsurf

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm
I sent a PM - It would be very useful to find out whether my ICE is MOST based

Thanks

Matt

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes it is MOST based but I am having some problem in finding a retro fit for the 211.222 I have it for most others like the 223 and 226, just that the 222 is not here.

I am going to switch systems and try and find it on another if I can

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OL I have found the correct document and Emailed it to you

this is for retro fitting comand in place of an Audio 20

OP
M

mattsurf

Reaction score
OL I have found the correct document and Emailed it to you

this is for retro fitting comand in place of an Audio 20

Malcolm

Thanks very much - this is a really useful document. If you were responsible for MB customer service, they would never have a complaint!

I am waivering whether to do this change or not, but it is great to know that I can!

I have just bought a Pure Highway, so that I can listen to DAB on my audio 20 - it is pretty impressive, although there is some Hiss going throught the FM transmitter, so I am planning to use the AUX socket. Unfortunately my car doesn't have AUX in the glovebox, I am assuming that there is an AUX socket at the back of the unit

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is a AUX retro for some 211,,some cannot be done, I have turned the other machine of till this evening

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom