Comand NTG1 stuck on MB screen.

Mickey42

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 320
My comand is now froze, just gives Merc screen then goes off. I have installed amp and rear speakers which worked great once installed. Went back to the car later that day and the stereo had froze. I`ve disconnected anything I have installed my self but still not working. I`ve disconnected battery hoping to reboot it but no joy. Any ideas please?

Regards

Michael.

crippo2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 (R230) & CLK350 (W209)
My comand is now froze, just gives Merc screen then goes off. I have installed amp and rear speakers which worked great once installed. Went back to the car later that day and the stereo had froze. I`ve disconnected anything I have installed my self but still not working. I`ve disconnected battery hoping to reboot it but no joy. Any ideas please?

Regards

Michael.
this tends to happen when the Head Unit expects to see other equipment connected to the MOST fibre optic loop. So, for example did you disconnect/remove the 6 CD changer, or mess with the phone UHI module? Might you have inadvertently disconnected one part of the loop and not reconnected it? Did you have a separate audio amp which you have swapped for something else.
If all else fails get the car onto STAR and the issue can be looked at in detail and changes made.

OP
M

Mickey42

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 320
It`s actually NTG2, sorry. But, I have not touch anything that I should not have touched, I disconnected the rear door speakers and ran wires all the way back and then to the boot. I`m confused as I`m very confident in my ability to do this sort of thing aged 50!!

crippo2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 (R230) & CLK350 (W209)
It`s actually NTG2, sorry. But, I have not touch anything that I should not have touched, I disconnected the rear door speakers and ran wires all the way back and then to the boot. I`m confused as I`m very confident in my ability to do this sort of thing aged 50!!
Are you saying you have now put everything back as it was before you started on the changes? That it is exactly the same as beforehand?
Do you have either the 6 cd changer or the phone prep or a separate audio amplifier or maybe something else which is run off the MOST bus? The MOST Bus comprises the dual orange fibre optic cables which run from the head unit to other media components. If these become disconnected, kinked, cut, squeezed then your Head Unit will turn itself off.
As said earlier get you car on STAR and all should be revealed

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
There is undoubtedly a break in the fibre loop somewhere.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom