Comand online daft question alert

Argus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 Brilliant Blue/Grey, M274
I’m the proud owner of a new (to me) E350 which is equipped with Comand online. I am collecting it on Tuesday.
As the Comand is online it presumably needs a SIM card.
Is there a sim embedded somewhere inside the Comand, or do I need to plug in a sim?
In the former case how do I pay for the data?
Thanks a lot
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nope, no SIM, it connects through your phone only and relies on that for internet via 4G or 3G or whatever...
Not sure if the 213 has changed that but that’s for sure on our 212s

OP
A

Argus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brilliant, thanks very much John

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
The W213 has a SIM card built in and uses it for LiveTraffic, OTA updates etc. You can buy a data package off Vodafone to allow you to set up a WiFi hotspot in your car if you want to.

The W212 did not use a SIM in the car, but (certainly on the earlier version of COMAND Online) required a phone that supported the DUN protocol, i.e. it couldn't use your phone's WiFi hotspot or native Bluetooth networking for a data channel)

OP
A

Argus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The W213 has a SIM card built in and uses it for LiveTraffic, OTA updates etc. You can buy a data package off Vodafone to allow you to set up a WiFi hotspot in your car if you want to.

The W212 did not use a SIM in the car, but (certainly on the earlier version of COMAND Online) required a phone that supported the DUN protocol, i.e. it couldn't use your phone's WiFi hotspot or native Bluetooth networking for a data channel)

Many thanks for this BillyBoy, much appreciated

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom