COMAND Online & iPhone 3gs

chris28

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 220cdi c class
Hi all,

I searched everywhere and couldn't find my answer as yet, I hope you can help.

I recieved by 2011 C220 CDI with COMAND online. I have already read that you cannot connect an iPhone 4 / 4S for use with COMAND online.

My question is does an iPhone 3GS work and if so, how you connect it.

I have an Orange contract with tethering/personal hotspot enabled but I still can't seem to get it connected.

I had no issues with contacts and playing music through bluetooth

Thanks

Kingy68

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Sport 125
From what I understand the 3Gs will work in all bluetooth and media respects (apart from sms/text) but will not go online (www) even if you are able to 'tether'.
I've got a 2011 (Sept) C220 with command and so am working through everything. Only had it a couple of weeks, but have got everything (inc. linguatronic) set up and working. The only thing I've not been able to do is get the 'online' bit of command working. Tbh I don't think I'd ever use it anyway so am not bothered, but after a bit of web surfing I think this explains what the problem may be and a possible fix date:

Mercedes statement:

Mercedes-Benz is working with its suppliers to integrate automotive qualified Bluetooth chipset with PAN capability (Personal Area Network) and will be ready for market launch 2nd half 2012.

PAN is the second Bluetooth standard for tethering, gaining popularity since Apple enabled Bluetooth tethering capability in its iPhone 4 with iOS4 based on PAN only.

ANDROID currently neither supports DUN nor PAN, but has announced support for PAN in the next OS generation as standard feature. Furthermore Mercedes-Benz is in close talks with leading Android phone vendors to enable the DUN feature in their phones by default.

An option for customers having phones without DUN support is the Mercedes-Benz “Bluetooth (SAP) telephone module - V4″, available early 2012. The new version (V4) offers UMTS capability, allowing fast data connection using customer SIM card or accessing SIM information from SAP (SIM Access Profile) enabled mobile phone.

Got the info from the Apple Support forums :
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3098279?start=0&tstart=0

Ejderha77

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C-Class cdi 220 Sports Edition 125
What a joke :-(

I got my c220 jan 4th 2012 with command online, shocked that you cant use the most popular smart phone (iphone) to go online with the command system.

From what i read you can't use android either,

This is a joke

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom