COMAND powered itself off

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Just trawled through all 20 pages of comand threads I could find & haven't seen this one, so interested if anyone else has experienced the same. Driving home last evening (TGIF!) listening to CD when suddenly the sound went, then after literally a second the whole unit powered off. It wasn't interested in coming back on. No faults logged in malfunction, everything else in the car worked fine. Stopped, switched off, restarted, pressed power switch & it came on again working normally.

I appreciate these cars seem to have the odd senior moment - like a couple of times when I switched on the outside temp guage shows 85c for a second then behaves itself, once it told me the engine oil level was low (1000 miles after a B service) - the op system seems to be overstretched & a bit like Windows, a "reboot" (restart car) seems to sort it out.

On the switch off, just one of these things or an omen of worse to come?

Any comments (particularly encouraging ones!!) gratefully received

David
:confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
My Comand the same as yours can do the odd thing at times,,all you can do is to wait and see,, sometimes they can just mute with no sound,,just unplugging the phone and putting it back can restore things to normal

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom