1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMAND Switch Illumination

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Cluedo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Cluedo

Cluedo New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    C220CDI 2012
    Hi - I am new to the site and would appreciate some help with the following. I am a new MB owner and am delighted with my C220 CDI Estate. I have a problem with not knowing how to illuminate the interior buttons on the COMAND APS and Climate Control Panel when the auto head light switch is in operation unless the interior reaches a certain level of darkness. When I am driving at dusk the dipped beam comes on but the interior switch gear is not illuminated. Can anyone tell me how to ensure the interior switch gear is illuminated each time the auto dipped beam is operated ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Someone will know batter but I think the lights have to be turned on for this to work, but see what others say

3. the director

the director Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 R 350 Grand Edition; 2011 S 350 CDI
    Not sure but it sounds like you need to adjust the ambient lighting setting via the menu settings that are controlled via the steering wheel.

4. Mcobinad

Mcobinad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W219 Designo Black paint
    Hello & welcome to the forum.