comand unit gps position wrong help!

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
hi guys ive just got hold of a brand new comand unit today and fitted it, everything works fine apart from the sat nav the unit thinks i am where the unit came from and will not locate me over here ive tried driving around and nothing happens, i have also tried plotting a course but it just plots it from this position in europe (where it was last tested i presume) then plots me a 600 mile trip home. has anybody got any experience with this?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have an antenna problem,,how many satellites is it picking up

OP
S

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
pass... how do you know if its picking up satelites? i had a feeling i mite be the gps i was wondering if its how ive fitted it, ive got it stuck to the dash facing out the window behind the tax disc holder, wasnt sure if it need to be stuck to the window instead.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They tell you on the screen how many satellites they are picking up and you can also go into the menu and check

OP
S

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
oh right i havnt found an option to do that, that could be the problem im going to get onto the guy i bought it off, it just show me driving around in a field in berlin while im driving around. the unit is brand new so it must be something ive connected , its just so much hassle to get the unit out, thanks malc

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do not have the same one as you, but in one of the top corners it shows you

OP
S

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
ok il have a look next time i got outside thanks again malc il post a reply on here when ive resolved the problem just for reference.

OP
S

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
just an update guys its all sorted now it was my bloddy tax disc holder because its metal it was scrambling the signal so ive gota get a new tax disc holder and all will be solved.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom