COMMAND vs Garmin in SLC43 AMG

Dr Zoidberg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC43
Been looking at the SLC43 spec and wondering whether the Command is really worth the extra..
The SLC43 model has the Garmin sat nav fitted as standard yet the full Command is still over £2k extra. It's not even like previous SLK where the screen size and resolution also increased when you added Command as it's the same 7" screen on both now.
Probably the only thing I'd miss would be the live traffic updates as far as I can see. I'd add the connectivity option for £150.
Originally I was looking at the SLC300 but by the time I'd added many of the options that came included with the SLC43 it seemed daft not to go for the 'proper' version!
Any must haves with the very latest Command that I'd potentially regret not having?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I would have COMAND, much better integration including Apple Carplay and Android Auto, easier to read maps etc

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I have the Garmin in my E220 and very pleasantly surprised over it's quality and ease of use. The navigation is very good as is the display, it can be a little slow in recalculating is my only very slight issue. I've seen and used the 12" Comand in an S Class, that was nicer but not £2K nicer when I'm paying tax on it ;-)

Top Bottom