Computer Read-Out ?!

Omega

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if I'm supposed to have the Tyre pressure & Oil level readouts in my computer system ?

I've just tried going through the computer (bear in mind this is new to me) and can't find either.

I'm hoping that this isn't just another thing my motor doesn't have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

A couple of general points, from a new diesel saloon user:

1/ NOISE: I'm surprised with the amount of noise both from the engine and the tyres, from inside the cabin. This is a Nov 2007 vehicle that just done 10k. None of my previous (older) models had this amount of noise. The tyres are Michelin.

2/ No Phone or Bluetooth gear.

No Extinguisher.

No HID Lights.

No Parking sensors.

As I say,,,, just my observations.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
diesels, although much improved, can still be a little noisier than a petrol, especially when driven quickly! the extra torque from modern diesels also means the engine mountings are a bit harder to prevent them prematurely failing. also, more modern cars have lower profile tyres as a rule than older ones. these inevitably increase road noise!

many of the missing items you mention were optional extras on certain trim levels i believe and standard on others.

overall though, from what i know from owning a 210 and people ive spoken to who own 211's like yours, they drive well, are amazingly comfortable and with the 220cdi engine, amazingly economical for a car of its size! id say relax, enjoy it and it will give you many happy miles of motoring!

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
Cheers Pete,

yes, I do realise that diesels are noisier, and accept what you say about tyres etc,,,, but I wouldn't have expected the noise to be so much inside the cabin.

I've been in two other 211's & they seem a lot quieter,,, even tho' they are older. I didn't check their tyres tho'.

I'll pop it back to the merc dealership next week,,,,,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also have to accept the missing items,,,, in fact I bought a new Viseeo MB2,,,, but it's playing up at the moment.

The rest of the car is gorgeous, & so great to be out'n'about in.

thanks again.

Baz

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i have a feeling that the tyre pressure monitor is also an option, however im fairly sure you will have the oil level sensor as if memory serves me right theres no dipstick on that engine. dads w203 is similar. cant remember how to check the oil though im afraid

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
There is a dipstick. I checked it yesterday. Its at MIN so I gotta find out (if I can) whether she's running on Mineral or Synthetic oil. It'll certainly be changed to full synth when I do a change - soon. (that is unless it was the gearbox dip-stick ?!?! Better have another look in the book !)
It's just to the right hand side of the engine, near the back.

I'm hoping that someone will tell how to access both readouts,,,, then if they arn't there,,,, at least I'll know it !

thanks again Pete.

Baz

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom