Confusing leather colour codes on SL.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I'm looking for leather paint for the seats in my R230 SL, the VIN decode says my leather paint colour is 201A (black/anthracite) but code 201 is black on all the leather paint sites I have looked at and anthracite has several codes 731, 211 and 221 depending on the site, neither colour looks correct.. Has anyone managed to find the correct paint. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Looking at my SL sales brochure from 2002 there isn't a leather seat colour called anthracite but there is a colour associated with code 201 which is graphite. Does anyone have a 2003 or 2004 brochure and can confirm if those brochures state the same.

Thanks

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
My 2003 car has the black/anthracite trim colour. I had no luck at all in getting anyone to commit to mixing it without a leather sample. I did it myself in the end by trial and error. Initially I thought it was just a shade of grey, how wrong I was. Luckily I only needed a small amount to do the drivers seat bolster on one side. It came out fine in the end.

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I tried mixing my own colour using paint from Furniture Clinic a couple of years ago but was never happy with the result hence I am once again looking for something already mixed. I dont get why this particular colour is so hard to find, it's not a rare colour.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom