Cooling and I phone queries 320 CLK CDI

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If I could understand how to change it I would !

Have the tuning guy coming down tomorrow ....air filter and pollen filters ordered.

I have noticed it running on 245 rear and 225 front ...presume better to put 245 on th3 format as well....any make of tyre you guys recommend....thanks and stay safe
No.
You probably have a staggered setup (check rim widths - the rear will be wider than rear and the width is stamped on the back of the spokes).
The sizes you quoted seem about right for a staggered set up.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300

Have the tuning guy coming down tomorrow ....air filter and pollen filters ordered.

I have noticed it running on 245 rear and 225 front ...presume better to put 245 on th3 format as well....any make of tyre you guys recommend....thanks and stay safe
Thats the standard wheel set up. I had 205-55R16 as winter wheels, went anywhere.
I & quite a few run Uniroyal Rainsports, great in the wet & very good value to money.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
For what you can do with the phone, contact comand.co.uk with your VIN handy, they'll give you chapter and verse. If you have an iPhone 4/4S and your system includes a UHI connector, I can send you a charging cradle for the P&P.

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.

I have had 3 CLKs and they all had "staggered" front and rear wheel widths and tyre sizes, smaller and narrower rims/tyres on the front and larger on the rear.

I would guess that you have 225/45x17 on the front and 245/40x17 on the rear. My personal tyre brand is Hankook, good wet grip, even wear and the sidewalls don't split like some premium brands:rolleyes:

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Only thing with 245/40 R17 is availability of all season tyres, not been able to find any but apparently Michelin will have something available this winter (currently only available in USA). I have the same staggered set-up on my S204, had to replace the fronts not too long ago following another sidewall split in GY Eagle F1's so put Michelin Crossclimates on, luckily my rear tyres still have lots of life so can afford to wait until this winter (or longer). Rears were replaced about a year ago after a sidewall split - yes, GY Eagle f1's - but put the same back on.

OP
Reginald

Reginald

Reaction score
Website
www.prestigecarfinance.com
Your Mercedes
320 CDI CLK Coupe W209
Guys thanks for the info...managed to change where I live eventually!
New set of 225 s on front much smoother and properly balanced
Had a remap ? By a local Quantum area rep....wow it is much more responsive...and v quick not that it want before
I will contact the command.co...as suggested but will probably opt for a genuine Mercedes blue tooth thing that clips into the arm rest

Keep safe

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

No, that is the correct tyre sizes

Front - 225/45 R17
Rear - 245/40 R17

OP
Reginald

Reginald

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
320 CDI CLK Coupe W209
Guys....car has had new new air filters throughout full service oil change etc and had the air con tested and refilled....the car runs great and gets cold now ...I bought a blue tooth ( Mercedes one ) fits in middle console....phone works very well ...won’t play anything from I phone ...any ideas....

Thanks and stay safe

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Some cars won't support Bluetooth music and only support phone calls.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As above , I don’t think they do music streaming I’m afraid

OP
Reginald

Reginald

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
320 CDI CLK Coupe W209
Hi Guys

I am enjoying the CLK and wow it flies after being chipped.....however, every now and then it seems to go into limp mode...ie when driving slow for a while it seems to lose power and not react to throttle or kick down. After I stop and turn it off and restart its fine. I think I read this is problem on a few other threads...does the gearbox have a separate oil reserve and if so do you recommend changing the gearbox oil?

Stay safe

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Hi Guys

I am enjoying the CLK and wow it flies after being chipped.....however, every now and then it seems to go into limp mode...ie when driving slow for a while it seems to lose power and not react to throttle or kick down. After I stop and turn it off and restart its fine. I think I read this is problem on a few other threads...does the gearbox have a separate oil reserve and if so do you recommend changing the gearbox oil?

Stay safe

Hi.
I don’t suppose you have a code reader? You really need to find out what the error is and could be just low fluid level.
It is auto I presume as you mentioned kick down, if you have no record of the fluid been changed then yes it is well worth it.

I hope you haven’t spent too much on the phone cradle.
A vehicle specific unit is the way to go IMO.

E.G. - https://www.erisinworldwide.com/hom...g-for-mercedes-benz-cclk-class-w203-w209.html

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Hi Guys

Stay safe

I would get it down to Steve @ Avantguard

OP
Reginald

Reginald

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
320 CDI CLK Coupe W209
Hi.
I don’t suppose you have a code reader? You really need to find out what the error is and could be just low fluid level.
It is auto I presume as you mentioned kick down, if you have no record of the fluid been changed then yes it is well worth it.

I hope you haven’t spent too much on the phone cradle.
A vehicle specific unit is the way to go IMO.

E.G. - https://www.erisinworldwide.com/hom...g-for-mercedes-benz-cclk-class-w203-w209.html
Hi there have you had any experience with such a unit ?

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Hi there have you had any experience with such a unit ?

I have one in my S203 (pre-facelift) and very pleased with it.

45554901721_36ff4221c7_z.jpg

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom