Cooper tyres

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
Has anyone heard of the above or had any experience with them?
The C32 im going to look at has them fitted.

TIA

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These are part of the Avon group,, good tyres it is just that they have not had this name in the UK for very long,,it is a huge USA concern

OP
D

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
These are part of the Avon group,, good tyres it is just that they have not had this name in the UK for very long,,it is a huge USA concern

Thanks for that Malcolm, what a knowledgeable chap you are:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for that Malcolm, what a knowledgeable chap you are:D

Not really,:D one thing about the USA tyres is that they have to specify the life of the tyre in the terms of miles that they will cover

OP
D

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
Not really,:D one thing about the USA tyres is that they have to specify the life of the tyre in the terms of miles that they will cover

Im sure it wont make what ever they predict, lol:p

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I have four fitted to my W210 so far so good as 'they' say - fine in the wet, not noisy on good surfaces and grip well and do not break the bank.

Had no idea they were related to Avon though, big in the US and Oz in particular 4WD's - my nephew has four on his Toyota 4WD he lives in the outback and drives over truly bl**dy awful surfaces - nearly as bad as the UK roads:lol:, dried river beds, through the bush and has so far had no punctures or tyre failure. Malcolm is quite correct about the warranty, he had a 60,000km's warranty with his and currently he has done some 58,000Km's and tells me they are still good for another 10,000Km's at least. His last lot were Goodyear and they were shredded after some 30,500Kms

Give them a whirl and I doubt you will be disappointed.

Last edited:

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
I've bought Cooper in the past, Just the deal of the week, but recall them as being fine, not noisy, good grip. Decent, mid price tire here. I can't recall their life- they may still be on the car, but I haven't driven it for two years, so can't remember!

They own Avon.

Keith

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
I bought 4 cooper zeons (a bargain at £40 each) mainly because the tyreman did not have 4 of any other kind in stock, I have found them to be very good on grip etc but do not like the harsh ride (especialy through the steering wheel) since they were fitted to my 124 some 18,000 miles ago, unfortunatly they dont seem to want to wear out, there is about 4mm left on them, so I'm stuck with their harshness for a while yet. They will be discarded once one of them gets down to the wear indicators, if not before.

For life they are as good as I have found, for comfort I shall in future avoid them.

I seem to remember a post about tyres with stiffer side walls being unsuitable for the 124, if that's what the zeons have its right.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom