cracked bumper on C220 CDI coupe

mattyjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Sports Coupe
Hello!

I ran over a rabbit last night, and as if my feelings of guilt aren't punishment enough, I discovered this morning that the darned thing had busted the underside of my front bumper. :mad:

Anyway, the car's a 55 plate C220 CDI Coupe (it's the facelifted version - smooth lights and single, wider exhaust - with the sports pack, if this makes any difference to the bumper shape).

The damage is barely visible unless you actually look under the car, but I obviously don't want it to get any worse (and it kind of bugs me anyway, if I'm honest), and I was wondering whether anybody on here knew of the best way to get this fixed.

Here are a few pictures, just to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about:

attachment.php

The damage is just underneath the passenger side of the bumper, indicated by the red arrow in the photo above.

attachment.php

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• newFront.jpg
    newFront.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 113
  • newUnder.jpg
    newUnder.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 121

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Have you looked on e-bay? as there are normally a few offerings there.
It looks like there is a piece cracked and missing now, if you have this piece it could possibly be plastic welded, and i would think any decent body shop would have this facility though they may recommend a complete bumper skin.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
If you go to a skilled body repairer, they can still fix this for you by simply welding the skin and using fibreglass filler to make it look as new. This will also prevent you from buying a new bumper and getting it fully sprayed

OP
M

mattyjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Sports Coupe
Thanks a lot for your replies!

It didn't occur to me to check on ebay, but there's not actually a piece missing from the bumper (it looks that way in the photo because one side of the plastic hangs lower than the other due to that release in tension), so maybe plastic welding will be the solution.

I didn't even realise that this was an option until I went on this forum, so a big THANK YOU to both of you!! :):):):):):):)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom