Cracked door mirror caseing on S class (yr2000)

davsop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 Bluetec 2011 w221
Evening all
Travelling home from work last week a stone was thrown up and hit the drivers door mirror cracking the caseing.:(
I take it I need a complete unit? Any ideas where I can obtain one from?
Many thanks
Dave

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
The casing just slides off, two minute job. Dont panic, and dont spend anything till we find one for you !

Last edited:

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/1221277-post1.html

1. Push mirror forward as seen in pict.
2. Stick thin long flathead screw driver underneath mirror(torwards front) and pry clip up so Mirror Cover housing slides off.(be careful)

Use a torch to see the little metal clip,and lever up with a flat bodied screwdriver. The plastic housing just pulls off outwards.

57499d1122963853-2000-2002-s500-side-mirror-led-light-upgrade-before-after-picts-dsc00601.jpg

Last edited:
OP
davsop

davsop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 Bluetec 2011 w221
Many thanks Chas and Malcolm. I'll let you know how I get on.

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
I ordered a new one from the dealer last year, ready painted. Cost £98. They even fitted it free in under two minutes.

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
Yes, might be easier all round to get a new one.

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
Evening all
Travelling home from work last week a stone was thrown up and hit the drivers door mirror cracking the caseing.:(
I take it I need a complete unit? Any ideas where I can obtain one from?
Many thanks
Dave

What colour do you need?

Also is the actual casing cracked or just the indicator?

OP
davsop

davsop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 Bluetec 2011 w221
Cracked door mirror caseing

Hi Dave
Silver. The actual caseing has broken.

OP
davsop

davsop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 Bluetec 2011 w221
Update.

Went along to Mercedes Garage at Stratford upon Avon. 'Yes sir we can order you a mirror casing. £117.50.'
So 2 days later I went along to pick it up and asked very nicely if somebody could show me how to remove the old cover.
'Oh I'm sorry sir all our technicians are too busy, you'll have to book in in with us.'
It'll only take 2 mins I said to no avail. What about old customer service? Blank look!
So I left without buying the part.
Friday morning I contacted Euromercedesparts as advised by Malcolm and found they had a used one in excellent condition for £49.00.
So to end the story 8.00AM Saturday the part arrived at my door
Went out to the car, followed the instructions from Chas and hey presto, old cover off, new cover on.
Job Done!
Thanks all again.
(I did contact Medcedes Milton Keynes and have a moan at their attitude to helping owners with the comment that the dealer was in their right, and eveything now has to be logged for costing etc..etc....
Oh, well they've lost me as a customer for any service work/new car purchase so I wonder how they'll cost that!)

OP
davsop

davsop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 Bluetec 2011 w221
Thks Dave for the offer. I didn't see your message.
Regards
Dave

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
This is happening everywhere now its ruined customer relations with all kinds of things --as a retailer you sell an item if its faulty you replace it under warrany/gaurantee anything needs mending bin it and buy a new one--the MB dealers are merely just retailers now and do not want the hassle of customer service in my opinion.

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
Update.

Went along to Mercedes Garage at Stratford upon Avon. 'Yes sir we can order you a mirror casing. £117.50.'
So 2 days later I went along to pick it up and asked very nicely if somebody could show me how to remove the old cover.
'Oh I'm sorry sir all our technicians are too busy, you'll have to book in in with us.'
It'll only take 2 mins I said to no avail. What about old customer service? Blank look!
So I left without buying the part.
Friday morning I contacted Euromercedesparts as advised by Malcolm and found they had a used one in excellent condition for £49.00.
So to end the story 8.00AM Saturday the part arrived at my door
Went out to the car, followed the instructions from Chas and hey presto, old cover off, new cover on.
Job Done!
Thanks all again.
(I did contact Medcedes Milton Keynes and have a moan at their attitude to helping owners with the comment that the dealer was in their right, and eveything now has to be logged for costing etc..etc....
Oh, well they've lost me as a customer for any service work/new car purchase so I wonder how they'll cost that!)

Well done, thats the way to do it, and its more satisfying and cheaper :lol:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom