Cracked Manifold 230CLK 2001 kompressor

aaronmak

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
230k CLK 2001 "52"
Hi guys
This is my first post! I have been deliberating selling my 2001 230CLK for a few months only done 66kmiles FSH mostly by merc.

Any way sods law is that the manifold has now cracked i no it is a common problem and just a matter of time but it would have to be now!!!!

Spoke to my mechanic that said it could be in half and because its cast it cant be welded (are they all cast) is there a cheaper way of fixing it rather than buying a brand new manifold!!!

Does anyone no the cost of replacing?? if they are not all cast can i buy a stainless steel one and put it in ??

I suppose i have to sort it before selling it because despite the car being immaculate it sounds awful at the moment!!!
thanks !!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Find a black smith they should be able to weld it but it will have to removed from the car.

jib

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Where they crack it very hard to get weld into it, try and find a new one!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
A hole has to be drilled at each end of the crack to stop it from cracking further, grind the crack to create a valley effect above the crack and fill with weld.

Easy for a black smith had one done a 1988 230TE 4 years ago as I didnt want to spend £400 on a new manifold.

jib

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom