Customer gave me hia A class today

OP
jibcl500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
They make great poultry sheds. Chickens particularly like the leather seats and the bodywork is guaranteed against rust perforation for 30 years.

Trust you!!! I am toying with the idea of hotting it up, the bodywork is really good so it will polish up nice, I though some big alloys, drop it 45mm, big exhaust give it some bling.. Or should I just hit a tree with it?

jib

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Beginning to sound too defensive - and like a cracked gramophone record - but can't help myself repeating that 169 is altogether different from 168!

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)
People are still payng good money for them, what does that tell you!!

It tells me that the W169 updated version is a 100% improvement on the early W168 variant.

The A Class is now accepted to be a well engineered vehicle and the old bogie of the early faults can be laid to rest...........Unfortunately, some on here will not allow that to happen :(

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
hahahaha, tend to agree, lets find a tree.......
jib

Why not have a ceromonial dunking in the river at the Bridge pub , that would be much better . I would definatley come again to watch that ,you could even sell tickets to the BMW forum !

God I hate those cars MB lent me one once when my car was in for servicing ,I drove it round the block and brought it back and borrowed a Vito van instead much better.

Splatt

Reaction score
It tells me that the W169 updated version is a 100% improvement on the early W168 variant.

The A Class is now accepted to be a well engineered vehicle and the old bogie of the early faults can be laid to rest...........Unfortunately, some on here will not allow that to happen :(

Are you suggesting all pre 2005 A class W168 cars should be brought into the Government scrappage scheme ?

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Are you suggesting all pre 2005 A class W168 cars should be brought into the Government scrappage scheme ?

The anti-A brigade do like to have their fun.

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)

No.........Not at all............They are worth far more than that ;)

There may be some 10 year old Mercedes saloons on here that would qualify though :lol:

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
I drove an A class and posted on here that I thought it was pretty poor.
Got accused of being a snob and offending some people, so you lot had better watch out.

Agree with you though.

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
As above it has F on the dash so the customer not wanting to spend anymore on the car gave it to me along with the V5. V reg A190 with full leather.

nice.

jib

As someone who used to have one, I can understand why the owner got fed up spending out money on it and simply gave it too you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the parts worked individually, yet somehow when combined to form an A-class - they all developed faults!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
jibcl500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
The preface lift W168 are cr@p no to ways about it.. Loads of parts are no listed on ebay.

jib

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The preface lift W168 are cr@p no to ways about it.. Loads of parts are no listed on ebay.

jib

Fit a new face lift front end and it may go better ;):D

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE

jib

I think that's beacause there are no spare parts left - they've all broken :lol:

megah0

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Diesel...now with less dents!
I learned to drive in an A-Class, it was ok I suppose, although at the time I was driving around in a metro when I wasn't with my instructor.

It did cause me knee and ankle pain on extended (1hr+) drives though

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Fit a new face lift front end and it may go better ;):D

A cheaper way is to close your eyes and imagine you have a new A-Class and see if it's more reliable like that. ;)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom