Damage to paintwork on B class

OP
M

Michb90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class Amg premium+
If it is egg damage, the white marks will be primer and will not polish out.

No, I wasn't expecting them to but had to let the dealer at leat try that.
I think you're right and a high velocity egg is the culprit.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Not sure what I'm going do as yet. Like you say will prob get some quotes and go from there.

I googled images of 'damaged paintwork on car from egg shell' and to be fair what was coming up appears to be identical to the damage on mine so I'd say it was actually quite a plausible explanation unfortunately.

Wow, just googled it and there’s a guy with a black BMW and your right, it does look remarkably similar.

OP
M

Michb90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class Amg premium+
Wow, just googled it and there’s a guy with a black BMW and your right, it does look remarkably similar.

Keep your cars covered next Halloween!!! And from what it can find out so far it's looking like the whole door will have to be resprayed

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Keep your cars covered next Halloween!!! And from what it can find out so far it's looking like the whole door will have to be resprayed

Also black so will have to be blended onto adjoining panels, to get a pukka job.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Not sure what I'm going do as yet. Like you say will prob get some quotes and go from there.

I googled images of 'damaged paintwork on car from egg shell' and to be fair what was coming up appears to be identical to the damage on mine so I'd say it was actually quite a plausible explanation unfortunately.
Google is your friend for pics, seen a few damaged cars from eggs.

Last edited:

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
To me that looks like the residual damage left from seagull poo which was left on too long , baked in then ‘enthusiastically ‘ removed
That would have been there for a while so I’d get it back to the dealer to fix. Might be worth getting the opinion of s retailer as to whether I’m right then you’ve got a professional back up....

The seagull must have been a dam buster pilot to land one on the side of a door and stick. :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The seagull must have been a dam buster pilot to land one on the side of a door and stick. :)
They don’t hover when they strafe...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
They are skilled in these parts Ian, and the mortar they eject is super sticky- blarfffffff:(

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom