umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Alexa.
Wrong name in my house - I've got Alexas in every room, out in the workshop, and on every computer and smartfone.
If Amazon gave a wider choice of alternative names it would help!

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
A/C won't operate unless the fan motor is going. Get that sorted first before looking at A/C.

AC is out of gas, think theres a hole in the condenser, i dont rly care for ac to be fair, just open a window im am hot. Will get that sorted once I have sorted everything else :)

I just want to be toasty when im driving to/from work!!!!

Last edited:
OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Alexa.
Wrong name in my house - I've got Alexas in every room, out in the workshop, and on every computer and smartfone.
If Amazon gave a wider choice of alternative names it would help!

My grandad has one too, i get confused some times when he shouts dinner is ready..does he mean me or the Echo???? hmmmmm :confused:

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Check first if it needs a new condensor (due to leak) then it will need a regas anyway. so be sure if its a leak in the condesor, get that fixed first and take it from there. You motor might not spin if there is no gas due to signals from the ac circuit. I would be surprised a 2010 car has a failed condensor.
My w220 has had one regas in 16 years so you may be due.

Once you find the motor you will be able to betwemine if needs coming out, again I doubt the motor at that age of car and given what you saod about the regas, condensor.

It had gas when i brought the car last year and then shortly ran out (AC button just flashes at me) and just normal air would come through on cold setting (this isn't a problem for me i can just crack a window) I noticed the blowers have stopped working when I got the vehicle back at the weekend, it was sat at my old house for 6 months whilst my life was going a bit crazy, something has caused the blowers to stop working in that time frame. I just spend £280 on new bushes to get through MOT :(

(Also I had a garage try and tell me i needed a new DPF when i took it for MOT last year... plugged in, never had a fault for DPF, they were just tyring to get me to pay £1500 for a new DPF didn't even offer to try to do a regen.... Luckily i know enough about cars to know what they were up to!!)

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Hopefully not as it seems these days that they start building a car with the fan motor & build everything else around it. I managed to reach in through the air intake under the wiper scuttle and I have spade like hands :D

Luckily i'm small and bendy, just lack the strength lol

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If it was sat for awhile then as per above the motor could have seized or a furry little rodent might have decided he wanted a new house and decided to have a chew around whilst making his new home.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
A good AC garage will fill the gas for you see immediately if its leaking - do that fisrt. If its leaking they will put dye in a find the source of the leak. one step at a time.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
A good AC garage will fill the gas for you see immediately if its leaking - do that fisrt. If its leaking they will put dye in a find the source of the leak. one step at a time.
Correct but until the blower fan works it's a waste of time as the AC won't work without the blower fan. First step needs to be the blower fan.

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
UPDATE: hi guys managed to get some time to actually get under the glovebox, we have power to the blower motor but no movement, looks like I’m going to have to take it out to see if I can manual spin it, fingers crossed I don’t break anything!!

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Wire coat hanger might reach.
The fan only needs a nudge to free it, if it is indeed stuck due to lack of use.

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
So no luck getting the motor out from under the glove box. Not sure how to reach it any other way as the bottom of the motor is all I can see from there, I’ve watched videos on how to pull it out but I just don’t think I’m strong enough!

I have to do a two hour journey to see my partner tomorrow and I would much prefer to be warm!! Although if I’m going 70 most of the way there it will push a little warm air through the vents, better than nothing I guess!!

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Can you get a rubber mallet to it to give it a little persuasive tap? Worked when the bendix of my late Dad's starter motor (Mk 1 Cortina GT) refused to engage after a long high speed run (German autobahn) and fuelling up, German petrol station attendant gave it a good clunk with a hammer (Dad's face was a picture!!) and freed the bendix, car started!

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
That's what we always used to do to my mates lightweight landcover, in fact he carried a hammer for just that purpose. Cheaper than a new starter motor.

OP
A

Alexadaney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Mercedes C200 CDI
Good news!! My boyfriend came up from base to surprise me and got the motor out, took it apart and cleaned the contacts, i now have lovely flowing hot air!! I owe him sooo many beers (once we've comepleted dry Jan of course)

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions!

Top Bottom