Dash cam C207 fuse 25

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Morning

Just installed a dash cam in the e class coupe and I will share some photos later and a short write up, but one item to check out is what the heck it is connected to......
It's piggy backed into fuse 25 on circuit 87m in the engine compartment fuse box N10 -1

Now I know this seems a little ''cavalier' tapping into an unknown circuit and fuse, but according the WIS derived charts on here

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/att...details-c207-n10-1-fuse-relay-assignments.pdf
given that i that I have the 276 engine, I cannot see what that then does.

It's not Circuit 15 the switched live (as I couldn't get the piggy back fuse connector to fit within the fuse box on any of them), and it isn't circuit 30 which is permanent live, but seems to be the interior light, which is okay if not 100% ideal

Anyone able to shed some light on this (though everything seems to work so far.....)

Waddup14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupé Bluetech (C207)
Hi,
From looking at the Fuse Allocation chart (Found in the boot of your Mercedes E class), I would say that Fuse 25 is for Engine Electronics.

Interior lights seems to be Fuse 17.

OP
F

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Blimey.....

thanks for following that up (after a this time)

I had since settled on that as I had played more with when it fires up and down....
even without the engine being turned

Cheers

Waddup14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blimey.....

thanks for following that up (after a this time)

I had since settled on that as I had played more with when it fires up and down....
even without the engine being turned

Cheers

I found this post as I was looking to install my dashcam on a permanent live. (Seems almost impossible to find any info on this).

It looks like my best option is to feed it from the engine bay fuse box but I am unsure how to install this through the bulkhead. What did you do?
Cheers

OP
F

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe

Waddup14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am fitting a Nextbase 412GW. I’d like it on permanent live for ‘parking mode’ which should detect movement and start recording.

I will take a look now and see what I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Some cams will record in parking mode even when wired in to a fuse that only supplies power when ignition is on (eg glovebox light). There is enough power in the cams internal battery for the short time it records for.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom