dashboard message

taffbrake@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e2lt 190e2.6 c220 c220cdi202 c220cd203 w211
Hi gents,back again,
I started the car today after it sitting for a week. and for a brief period (srdc)? briefly showed on right hand clock and disappeared after about a minute, the computer shows no malfunction, Is this the early stage of a future problem...and what should i watch for?
the car is w211 220 diesel.
oh and the lettering was grey not yellow or red...as in warning lights.

Oh just while I'm here I'll pass on a repair solution, It might help someone.
last week mates 220 diesel was black smoking and no power...the fault was instantly found as a damaged plastic connecter to right hand side pipe of the intercooler.(where the plastic pipe actually joins the intercooler it was split)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not know that one :confused:

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
What does that mean:confused:

Disaster:lol:
sorry just had to say it:Oops:, if it said (SBC hold not available)it means a possible problem in the Sensotronic Brake Control system, try driving normally and come to a halt and when stopped, press the brake pedal a bit firmer does SBC H light up? if not get out your wallet.;)

Regards
Alfie B

OP
T

taffbrake@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e2lt 190e2.6 c220 c220cdi202 c220cd203 w211
Disaster:lol:
sorry just had to say it:Oops:, if it said (SBC hold not available)it means a possible problem in the Sensotronic Brake Control system, try driving normally and come to a halt and when stopped, press the brake pedal a bit firmer does SBC H light up? if not get out your wallet.;)

Regards
Alfie B

Righto alfie
fortunately nothing like that yet:shock:
all seems to be in order in the braking department(holds breath) and no repeat of lights/message......do you think it could have had anything to do with the fact that it was parked for a week? and maybe there might have been some sort of pressure settlement in the system.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Parking for a week can throw up the odd message,,it cleared itself so you have no problems

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
As Malcolm says, SBC Hold is just a feature, and the car will drive fine without it, so worry not unless you get a permanent message or anything up on the dash in red, after the car has stood the battery condition can be low and it can throw up all sorts of messages,give it a good run and all should be well.;)

Alfie B

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom