Dealer Info

MangoOfQPR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/E250
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Motor World of Kent?

I've seen a very nice E350 which fits everything I want (including that gorgeous blue colour) and wondered if anyone has experience? I'd be buying without testing so only a little worried!!

Cheers!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It would be nice to know the registration so you can check the MOT history.

I'd go and take a look and see what the car is like. I wouldn't expect any warranty to be of any use whatsoever on a 11 year old 125K mile car so I'd just be judging on the condition of the car and it's history.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I bought mine unseen and undriven and all worked out very well. However it was just under 3 years old and only covered 12,500 miles so I sort of was quite confident. :)

I don't think I would be very confident buying an 11 year old with 125,000 miles though. This one in my opinion needs looking at and driving. It might be fine but I certainly wouldn't have the confidence. I don't know the dealer and he could be very genuine, but. :(

OP
M

MangoOfQPR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/E250
I bought mine unseen and undriven and all worked out very well. However it was just under 3 years old and only covered 12,500 miles so I sort of was quite confident. :)

I don't think I would be very confident buying an 11 year old with 125,000 miles though. This one in my opinion needs looking at and driving. It might be fine but I certainly wouldn't have the confidence. I don't know the dealer and he could be very genuine, but. :(
Whilst I agree with this to a certain extent, I haven't the budget for a 3 year old car!

However, I'm looking nationwide for an E250CDI or E350CDI, so if I find one close to me, that's great, but I'm likely to be at the mercy of dealers that are 50-200 miles away. There doesn't seem any way around that :eek:

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Read the description very closely and carefully (and keep a copy of the advert description). Anything not declared in advance will be deemed to be working.

If anything becomes apparent within the first 30 days you can reject it for a full refund.

If anything becomes apparent after that and up to 6 months from purchase it will be deemed to have been a pre-existing fault, unless the dealer can prove otherwise. If this is the case they have one chance to rectify matters before you can request a refund. You won't be entitled to a full refund because you will have had usage. I don't know how a refund value would be calculated.

After 6 months the onus is on you to prove it was a pre-existing fault to have it repaired at the dealer's expense.
Consumer Rights Act 2015

Buy it with a credit card or at least a small amount on a credit card then you will also have Section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection if the dealer doesn't co-operate.

Who needs a crappy dealer warranty.

OP
M

MangoOfQPR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/E250
Indigolight Blue is stunning
NGL....the colour is a big part of the attraction, but I'd be happy with grey or silver too....but that blue...;):D

OP
M

MangoOfQPR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/E250
Mmmmm..... good idea! Maybe I could meet J's mum and hypnotise her into selling to me!

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Enquire about their distance selling T's & C's, One of my Son's bought a car at the height of the last lockdown and he was given 7 days and 100 free miles to evaluate on a full refund for what ever reason if the car was returned! If you don't trust yourself then arrange to take it to an indy for a full health check?

OP
M

MangoOfQPR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/E250
Really don't like the wood trim in that, too light IMO with that colour seat
For me, I like the slightly lighter wood trim and think it goes well with the colour.

Whisper it quietly, but I think I prefer that combination to the original one I posted!!

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Bought the Porsche unseen (apart from pics) from a reputable trader in Sheffield , drove down and after a quick test drive i was on my way home. The following day once i had the chance to go over the (eight year old) car thoroughly i noticed a few issues i wasn`t happy with so called them back to discuss and they came up from Sheffield to Glasgow to pick the car up and left me an Audi A7 whilst the highlighted issues were delt with back at their workshop , i was contacted a few days later to tell me the car was repaired and they would drop it off and pick up the A7 but i decided i fancied a drive and drove down and picked up the Porker myself , which on arrival had a full tank of fuel and it had been valeted again.

Big thumbs up to J Holland in Sheffield for their professionalism which may see me being a return customer in the future.

So no issues buying remotely , just do your dealer homework.

K

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Both cars look like a reasonable buy. The higher mileage car has full S/H, not sure about the other.
As said the warranty will be of very limited value so in the case of a major problem reject the car straight away.
The OM642 like all engines has problems at >100k miles the main ones being oil cooler seals (£700 to repair) identified by oil tracking down the back of the engine which you can only see with the underpanels remove, Inlet port motor failure £500 to repair) due to either the inlet manifold sludging up or oil contamination from the turbo dripping oil onto the drive motor. The auto gearbox should have had at least one fluid change preferably two. Properly maintained they will do big miles but better to go in with your eyes open - for instance new discs and pads all round are a £500 item, so do your diligence with them, Don‘t rush and the right car will come along.
Mercland vet their cars well and offer a rock solid guarantee so always worth keeping an eye on their stock
Good luck with the hunt!

baileyhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz CLA
It would be nice to know the registration so you can check the MOT history.

I'd go and take a look and see what the car is like. I wouldn't expect any warranty to be of any use whatsoever on a 11 year old 125K mile car so I'd just be judging on the condition of the car and it's history.
I second this. The fact that you won’t be able to test-drive the vehicle, it’s better to check its history to avoid future problems. There is rapidcarcheck.co.uk where you can do all the info-checking about that car. To be of more help, I have a spare code as I recently bought a bulk pack from them. Pm me if you want?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom