Diamond cut wheels SL55

titch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 2003
Hi,

Made a big mistake of refurbing my SL55 (03) multispoke alloys. The job is great, however the original diamond cut is gone and the wheels have been sprayed. I wanted the original diamond cut finish back. Anyone know of a cheap local place around Heathrow airport?

I was thinking of fitting 20" Brabus monoblock IV. Any suggestions? Any opinions?

Kind Regards

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
hi you should of taken them spit and polish.they do diamond cut wheels infact in any wheels.dont paint the wheel/usally peels off or comes off with jet wash

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Diamond wheel finishes do not last after a referb,,it is better to have the rim done in a powder coated chrome paint and the center of your choice be it black

BRABUS R230

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BRABUS SL55 K8 (R230), SL500 (R129), B Class B200 CDi, VW T5 Transporter.
Diamond Cut

Diamond wheel finishes do not last after a referb,,it is better to have the rim done in a powder coated chrome paint and the center of your choice be it black

Hi television, it is true that diamond cut finishes dont last as log but they look so, so much better, especially if you compare them to having them painted in silver, even if you have them power coated in silver they still don't have the same "Bright Look Effect" as diamond cut/polished, you cant beat the look of a diamond polished wheel in-motion with the glare of the sun reflecting off it!!!!!
Having your wheels refurbed in a diamond cut finish does require a lot of attention and very careful driving (Kirbing)
I have had my wheels diamond cut twice, I then decided to have the face of he wheels Diamond Cut and the rim's polished, great visual effect but I have to clean them at the end of every day after driving the car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Your wheels cliff are spectacular though,they have the deep rim,,and that is so nice

BRABUS R230

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Your wheels cliff are spectacular though,they have the deep rim,,and that is so nice

Hi Malcom, in order for me to keep my wheels looking "Spectacular" its a lot of very hard work, I am glad that you have noticed the fruits of my labour.
BLING!!!!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcom, in order for me to keep my wheels looking "Spectacular" its a lot of very hard work, I am glad that you have noticed the fruits of my labour.
BLING!!!!!!!

If bling is the word,,then your car has it :D

BRABUS R230

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wheels Refurb

I have spent to much money on my wheels and my heart beats extra when it come to the moment I have to park it close to the kerb, I had my wheels refurbed by Diamon Styling in Sevenoaks, tried "Spit & Polish" but the said that they dont refurb split rims!
Malcom, as you may have noticed I have not posted for a while, this was due to my work, every year between Mid October and January I go missing due to my heavy work load, my car is kept in my garage over the winter months and usually taken out around March/April, sometimes I drive it out of the garage, clean it then put it back.
I am going to try a go to the Essex meet at the end of this month, are you attending?

I cant wait for better weather!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know the feeling and where i live the roads are so narrow,,I caught just the edge but it cannot really be seen, so I was lucky and they can stay as is. I wonder sometimes is it all worth it. My car stays inside in the bad weather.

I will not make the Essex meet,,its too early in the year for me to go that far and the weather is not good.

I will catch up with you later in the year, always nice talking to you

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom