DICE FM Modultion kit - Ipod

F

fabes

Hi

Still looking for an affordable IPOD solution on an Audio 10

A Head Unit swap out may be beyond budget to retain SWC, so discarding an FM transmitter, the modulation route seems the next best.

Found some good reviews of this option

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/Universal_FM_Modulator/DICE_FM-RDS_Modulator

Anybody out there looked at this, used or is using it or any other FM Modulation kit?
I have the Denison threads and assuming this works on the same basis as some of the Denison solutions, this looks a reasonable compromise

I would drop this into the arm rest top box

I am yet to be convinced how it also charges the IPOD if it only feeds of the aerial, but they say it does?

Quick view appreciated as I need to order Friday at latest for fitting whilst in for service

Thanks

Fabes

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
fm transmitters are rare. ive never seen one! i did however have a cd changer (kenwood) that used an fm modulator. the fm frequency is adjustable so as not to interfere with radio broadcasts, the sound was very good through standard speakers and head units. i liked the system a lot, till fire and water were its demise.

the fm modulator requires a power source so i would imagine the cable to connect your ipod to the fm modulator will probably have a connector or carry power itself to your ipod to charge it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These things depend on how old you are and your hearing range, the FM frequency response falls off sharply at 15khz, in fact the -3db roll off points come in at that frequency, so you will not get CD quality from it, but they are a simple way to use an Ipod if you have no aux input on your car.

OP
F

fabes

TP

Power source.... that's my query

Will be onto the helpline / sales line tomorrow to check that, as I believe, there is only on connection to the standard aerial on the HU. I didn't think that was a power source, but there you go

I know there is a spare 12V power out on the 10 way ISO on the HU, but from what I can see the box draws power from the aerial and also charges the IPOD through it

Malcolm

hearing still reasonably good, but the sound has already been compromised being on an IPOD with its file compression. With road, wind (the car not me:lol:) and tyre noise I doubt I would ever get 15Khz

I doubt the standard speakers would provide it anyway, but its fair point if you had speaker upgrades and an S class

It seems the only solution under £300 that for the moment I can justify

Any things better than an Itrip type transmitter.

Anybody else out there got one / tried one?

Fabes

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
the modulator i had was equipped with the in and out cables for the aerial, an earth wire, and 2 other wires. 1 was ignition live, the other was permanent live. i imagine the ignition feed was so the system didnt stay on and drain the battery and the permanent was forthe cd player memory in its control unit (what track, disc etc was playing). obviously, these power and earth cables also powered the cd player by passing current etc down the lead (forgot what its called, reminders welcome!) that went from the front of the car to the cd player in the boot! the modulator also needs the power to feed/amplify the signal from the aerial and the signal from the cd/ipod etc to the radio at an acceptable level

OP
F

fabes

will let you know as IPOD and Audio 10 seems a recurring theme here

There's a 30 days guarantee, so I will more than likely get it tomorrow and fit it with the Indy I use on Tuesday when in for its B service

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom