Differences between Avantguard & Sports styling

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
tried that and she said I should by her a new car and I can have her 169 :p:rolleyes:

Give her the Pug and trade the W169 for the W212.

You should also mention you are only in the Pug as you were forced to be stupid company car rules which have now been removed.

Also Mercedes badges are very shiny ;-)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Tell her you are buying for her, but you just need to make sure its run in properly before you hand it over....in about 3 years time.....

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Give her the Pug and trade the W169 for the W212.

You should also mention you are only in the Pug as you were forced to be stupid company car rules which have now been removed.

Also Mercedes badges are very shiny ;-)

Tell her you are buying for her, but you just need to make sure its run in properly before you hand it over....in about 3 years time.....

will try that but I have a feeling I'll be found un some foundations in a number of years time! ;)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Find something ridiculously expensive then when she says no tell her you'll settle for the S or CLS you really wanted all the time.

Worked for me ;)

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Okay don't think I'm totally insane here but came across this which isn't the sort of thing I normally like but, hell of a lot of car for the money even if it is a cat D.

Am I insane for even contemplating it?!?

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 Eclass 350 CDI Sport 2012
Okay don't think I'm totally insane here but came across this which isn't the sort of thing I normally like but, hell of a lot of car for the money even if it is a cat D.

Am I insane for even contemplating it?!?

No, I know what you are going through, been there myself and I considered very similar cars before I settled on my current one!
Very different though, not sure I'd want an S class that's a bit too blingy.
Great value for what it is though, if the damage was indeed minor - but I wonder what the wrap is hiding?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Buyer beware Matt - if the bonnet repair (panel fit) round the grill is anything to go by what's the rest of the repair like

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No, I know what you are going through, been there myself and I considered very similar cars before I settled on my current one!
Very different though, not sure I'd want an S class that's a bit too blingy.
Great value for what it is though, if the damage was indeed minor - but I wonder what the wrap is hiding?

Yes know what you mean, it is a little blingy but removing the amg badge and maybe re powder the wheels and it will look much better.

Buyer beware Matt - if the bonnet repair (panel fit) round the grill is anything to go by what's the rest of the repair like

yes noticed that too Malcolm, looking at a few others though the 221 seems to not always fit well around the grill, closer inspection may be required and information on what actually happened to it. Then again a good body shop should be able to solve it if it's not far off, had a very similar problem with my Peugeot after the accident,

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not to be discounted Matt.
If you intend keeping it, say 10 years or until it drops then it doesnt matter about resale and if it mechanically checks out, why not?
Yip as you say check the panel fits, rip off the AMG badge and leave it clean and you've got a stealth wagon....rather like it

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not to be discounted Matt.
If you intend keeping it, say 10 years or until it drops then it doesnt matter about resale and if it mechanically checks out, why not?
Yip as you say check the panel fits, rip off the AMG badge and leave it clean and you've got a stealth wagon....rather like it

Exactly my thoughts John, the car will be bought to run until it dies so resale isn't even a thought.

Trip to Milton Keynes may be on the cards, even the wife likes the look of it! Although she did say white is a bit "chavie" but actually approves.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Exactly my thoughts John, the car will be bought to run until it dies so resale isn't even a thought.

Trip to Milton Keynes may be on the cards, even the wife likes the look of it! Although she did say white is a bit "chavie" but actually approves.

Could be the one Matt, interesting to hear what it's like in the flesh ! Some machine

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking into the pictures closer it does look like it would have been front end damage the bonnet lines up but that front bumper is out on the near side, probably going to be a bumper off job at a body shop to put it right. Apart from that and some new dipped beam bulbs (there colours are slightly different) I can't see anything else off with the car.

I think accident information is needed.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmm, history does seem to check out though? Maybe a holiday car so just never taken out, looks very clean

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom