Different AUTO Problem HELP!

omegaandonis

Reaction score
Hi all, new here! seems great; i own a E320CDI on a '51 plate, the auto gearbox (tiptronic) wont change up...

I have read the other threads eg possible battery etc, and yes mine would be fine when restarted. But now nothing allways the same.

I tried disconnecting the battery, which seems strong) to see if this will reset it, I've also tried going through a reset procedure that I have read about (key in ignition foot on petrol 15 seconds etc).

None of this seems to help. Also I notice that when i put the car in drive it seems to "clunk" .

Any advice help sugestions etc gratefully received....thnaks everyone

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hell and welcome, I thinkt that you should get an indie to check the fault codes as this sounds like the conductor plate has failed.

I do not think that it is a fluid level problem

OP
O

omegaandonis

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the welcome and the prompt reply!

It accelerates quite quickly (not sure if that is relavent) it just wont change up!

Do you think I should replace the battery anyway as suggested elsewhere on this forum?

Also if its the conductor plate is this expensive?

Thank you vey much.....I not sure of all the people like you who post (over 33,000 posts wow) geat ansewres realise how much help, and how much it is appreciated...so from me thank you very much!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the battery is good, standing voltage over 12 volt, then not that. Do you have any good indies near you

OP
O

omegaandonis

Reaction score
Not sure West London. Any sugestions?....Also should I be driving it? might I cause more damage?

Thanks again

OP
O

omegaandonis

Reaction score
Good morning all;

I need to dirve the car today, for a pre planned family event, around a 30 mile round trip, bearing in mind the above description, am ok driving it ?

It still wont change up in gears.

Any replies wouold be great thank you all in advance for any help

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes it will be OK, but a little thirsty, must find you a good indie

OP
O

omegaandonis

Reaction score
Thank you Malcolm,

I will give it a go!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom