Differential: Questions

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
So I haven't got the hang of the decoding VIN thing with Mercedes.

Here's the thing. Under not much throttle / provocation my 2014 AMG CLS C63 squeaks the right rear (which is a Pirelli down to around 3.3mm)

So I 'assume' I have a standard diff??

However every now and then I get a hint of an unusual noise from diff. A bit like the noise you'd get pushing a very heavy bit of furniture across the floor when it grabs. If it was an LSD I'd say it was in need of an oil change?

It's a once a week ish, Only on cold, and only on initial take up of drive

VIN is WDD2189742A099048

Seems not to have performance pack (PP30?) Or LSD (471?) But as I said I'm new at MB stuff.

Any ideas/advice welcome.

Cheers, Robin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
robin.large

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
This brochure from the Canadian market only mentions LSD as part of the AMD Performance Package... https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/brochures/mercedes/ca/2013-clsclass.pdf
That's how I understand it too. It may be that what I am hearing/feeling is just a bit of tyre slip as power feeds in on cold tyres. As I said they are down on tread and I've never been keen on Pirellis in the wider fitments.
There's no 'lash' in the drive train either forward, reverse, or round in circles so I'm not overly concerned. Just curious.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom