digital service record, what is it exactly ?

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
hi
i got my E400 serviced yesterday at an indie (of course !) and he said that in addition to doing the A2 service that he filled in the service data on the web, i assume that's the digital service record as he printed off his service plus the 2 previous services carried out on my car.

So, he's an indie and not authorized by Mercedes, so how can he fill in the digital service records ? does anyone have any details of how they accomplish that ?

cheers
niall

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
hi
i got my E400 serviced yesterday at an indie (of course !) and he said that in addition to doing the A2 service that he filled in the service data on the web, i assume that's the digital service record as he printed off his service plus the 2 previous services carried out on my car.

So, he's an indie and not authorized by Mercedes, so how can he fill in the digital service records ? does anyone have any details of how they accomplish that ?

cheers
niall
Indys have access to the MB records

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Indys have access to the MB records

Indeed we do. We are granted access to read existing and add new services. They have our details on their system, and the record is traceable back to us too.

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
awesome ! thanks both of you ! do you know HOW this is done ?

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
We have a password and login to the Daimler Benz website. We login and can search the car by the reg or the vin. If it has a private plate you usually need to go with the vin.

Ironically, if you put the vin into the vin box it won't find it. Just above is a box labelled FIN. If you put the vin in there it works. God knows what that's all about!

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
ok good info, and on a related note, I wonder what the difference between an Indie and MB approved is exactly ? is it just another way of making sure that you are charged the maximum for getting a service, i mean, in the digital service record is there a field that says 'carried out by MB or MB approved' ?

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
They do vet you quite heavily before you are granted access. I have a very good relationship with my Mercedes area representative. She appreciates good coffee, and I grind the beans fresh at my place!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Would an indie service noted on the Merc system keep the roadside assistance valid?

I'm sure the difference in cost between an Indie service and a main dealer service would pay for years of AA/RAC/Green Flag recovery and you could have your broken down car taken to where you wanted

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Would an indie service noted on the Merc system keep the roadside assistance valid?

No. Mobilo is a dealer only thing. Pros and cons, of course. Being able to have a coffee and a chat with the guy who actually put his hands on my car would swing it every time for me. ;)

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
my service with my indie came with one years roadside assistance with free towing up to 100kilometers to the nearest affiliated garage (non mb of course). And this was all at one third of the cost of the MB services...

Top Bottom