Discreet GPS speed camera device.

True romance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk280 (2008 face lift)
I'm looking for a discreet speed camera GPS device with audible warnings that I can install and leave in my SLK. It would need an external GPS receiver so the device can be hidden away out of sight and also have easy access or a mute trigger for when not in use. Can anyone recommend something that fits this bill???

If only you could update command with speed camera POI :mad:

Many thanks,
TR.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Most of these are good here

You can fit the antenna under the dash or in the form of a tax disc holder, and some have the additional laser pickup that you mount on the grill for mobile units. take a red of some and post back

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
I can recommend the Micro Road Pilot from Malcoms list, it's small very discreet and reliable also very easy to update. Gives you camera warnings that you can set what range your comfortable with ,tells you what type of camera specs, truvelo etc, you can add a laser detector to it as well for the old hair dryers and a radar horn for the road side mobile devices that operate in the K band .

Also easily moved from one car to another if you drive more than one except the Radar Horn, has GPS SPEEDO , LOCATION FIX ,TIME/DATE AND TRIP RECORDER FUNCTIONS.

I have used one of these for several years and I average around 65000 miles a year being a cab driver and my licence is still clean .

Hope this helps , and the price is about half what I paid several years ago for mine.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can recommend the Micro Road Pilot from Malcoms list, it's small very discreet and reliable also very easy to update. Gives you camera warnings that you can set what range your comfortable with ,tells you what type of camera specs, truvelo etc, you can add a laser detector to it as well for the old hair dryers and a radar horn for the road side mobile devices that operate in the K band .

Also easily moved from one car to another if you drive more than one except the Radar Horn, has GPS SPEEDO , LOCATION FIX ,TIME/DATE AND TRIP RECORDER FUNCTIONS.

I have used one of these for several years and I average around 65000 miles a year being a cab driver and my licence is still clean .

Hope this helps , and the price is about half what I paid several years ago for mine.

Thank you Quick Silver for that,,I like the look of the micro as well,,I think that it is time to invest in one as well

GlynC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi A8 Sport
Just sold my Origen B2 on Ebay after around 4-5 years of use and can say it's a cracker. I actually had this fitted into the ashtray compartment of the E55 I had and you could just close the lid and it was well out of site!

I have just bought the Origen Pogo drive for the C Class as I wanted to have one unit as opposed to having the Sat Nav seperate. This works well but doesn't have the laser detector. They do a very small one called the Pogo Alert which is on the site Television posted. This has laser detector and can be easily hard wired for a neater finish and is so small you should be able to find somewhere it isn't too obvious.

I have been doing 40K a year since buying the B2 up and down good old blightly and it's never missed a camera, still have a clean licence (touches wood quickly :D)

One thing you need to be aware of, is if you have a heated front screen some of them won't work well, I have this in the XK and it buggers up satellite reception if the receiver is in that area, so then you definately need one with a separate aerial rather than an in built receiver.

Some good deals at the moment around, just bought mine for £155 in postage and VAT

:D

http://www.pogogps.com/pogoalert.htm

OP
T

True romance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk280 (2008 face lift)
Thanks guys. The Pogo looks good, if only I could find it a little cheaper. With the external receiver and hard wire cable its well over £300.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Thanks guys. The Pogo looks good, if only I could find it a little cheaper. With the external receiver and hard wire cable its well over £300.

for that you might as well get a tomtom and subscribe to the speedcam updates.

OP
T

True romance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk280 (2008 face lift)
for that you might as well get a tomtom and subscribe to the speedcam updates.

Well yes, I do have a tomtom but wanted something I can install and leave that's discreet.

br0ke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270, 2008 Vito Sport X
I quite fancy fitting one of these.

Propark

Purely to assist with parking and opening the garage door you understand.

I think the sensor would fit nicely into the centre of the star in the front grill.
Then my idea would be to splice it into the parking sensors so that when activated I would get an audible beep with the sensors lighting up as if there were something in the way.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
It won't guard you from unmarked cars. In saying that i am very impressed by the road angel I own, but can see the attraction of a smaller unit like the B2 which can be attached to an air vent.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom