OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
We use a product called Blastersolv , it comes as a concentrate and we dilute it depending on what needs cleaned.

https://www.brit-lube.co.uk/products/blastersolv

If it looks like it may do the job I can get some more info on Monday , from the storemen , regarding where we get it from , its cost and its datasheet etc.

We used to use Tric (trichloroethene) by the gallon in Rolls Royce , it was a fantastic degreaser unfortunately it has been linked to some nasty diseases.

Kenny

Much appreciated.

Had a qiuck readup on TCE or Trichloroethene. It would appear the americans love to dump that stuff into their groundwater, where it falls to the bottom until it hits hard rock and stays there, occasionally reappearing in the water supply. Nice.

Does seem to be an effective cleaner, probably not great in the dishasher, being aerosolised :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I seem to recall using something called Tergosol back in the day. Safe to flush as it's biodegradable.

Rob76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E280 CDI Sport
I know hot trike will shift almost anything - after a vacuum distillation of a crude oil the "residue" in the bottom of the distillation flask was thicker and nastier than tarmac, but the hot trike shifted it. However, it's nasty stuff and has to be treated with the greatest respect - if you can even buy it for small scale use!
It will - but please dont!!! PCb manufacture uses totally sealed trike vapour machines for cleaning; the open heated tanks are highly flammable and breathing the stuff is highly dangerous.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Trichloroethylene, Trick, Trix etc was widely used in Engineering as a surface degreaser, but it wasn't designed to be used as a liquid wash, it was heated to around 70°C and used as a vapour wash. The EU restricted it's use by license where specific vapour controls were introduced to be mandatory for the license due to health concerns in 2016, so if you could get hold of some in the UK, I wouldn't risk it's use in a dishwasher, and only with the feedback from the numerous manufacturers of less volatile replacement products would I consider using any of those.

Attachments

• Trichloroethylene_general_information.pdf
    162 KB · Views: 3

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Trichloroethylene, Trick, Trix etc was widely used in Engineering as a surface degreaser, but it wasn't designed to be used as a liquid wash, it was heated to around 70°C and used as a vapour wash.

We had Tric tanks built down into the floors , they were around 3m deep and warmed the liquid until it was a vapour which lifted to the top of the tank where cooling coils returned it back to liquid form and it returned to the base of the tank to start the process once again.

It has now been linked to kidney and other forms of cancer so it is best avoided at all costs IMHO , plus there were stories of operators / cleaners falling foul of the fumes and unfortunately not making it.

K

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
Driving through Switzerland back in 2013 I think it was we drove past a house that looked like it was squeezing foam out the door in a similar way to toothpaste from a tube. There were a couple of people walking in the foam obviously trying to sort it out. I suspect someone may have used fairy liquid in the washing machine...
I did take a photo but it seems to have gone missing. MrsLK and laughed about it all the way across the Jura :)

Back in the olden days (1970s) I worked in a store that sold washing machines. Using non automatic detergents would create lots of suds

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have just fixed my Miele dishwasher, I was putting it back together as a write off and about to order another one as all the symptoms pointed to its main control unit.

The reality was simple misalignment.

They are a decent bit of kit.

Top Bottom