Do MAF's have to be coded.

Carl@MBS

<span style="color: red;">Authorised Forum Support
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
164 320 AMG & 211 320CDI
I've just checked with Mercedes before posting, on the old W210 the MAF was the cheaper cartridge. On the later W211 it comes complete, with 7% discount and plus VAT £221.
The Euro ones are genuine Bosch, identical as used by Mercedes. 30% extra off £151.

I own a 211 320cdi as my own daily driver and can 100% say its a cheap £65 ish from merc. The ones from euro might come in a Bosch box with Bosch all over them but are they really a Bosch part?? I have found many many time once already this week that all is not what it seems! Would probably be more accurate to say made in china. By all means spend your money at euros for a substandard part that you think is correct, and then buy the proper part from MB a few weeks later when it fails....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl@MBS

<span style="color: red;">Authorised Forum Support
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
164 320 AMG & 211 320CDI
which part? i am positive i cant think of a car ive worked on that has an O2 (lambda) sensor on the exhaust, and unless its attached to either the exhaust manifold or the turbo itself, ive had the ENTIRE exhaust off my car at some point or other so i can be 110% sure its not in the rest of the system!

whether later cars have them though, I cant be certain. like yourself, I can only draw on my own experiences to try to help people out with problems.

the fact ive never seen an O2 sensor on a diesel is the main reason why ive never been able to see the point in a diesel having CAT's etc!

The later 642 v6 diesels have can O2 sensor.....

And it's prone to failing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom