Do these wheels/tyres fit? Read this post first!

fatboydel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220D AMG LINE PREMIUM PLUS Estate 2019
Hi Guys,

I have a 2019 E220D estate which came with 19” run flat tyres, they are coming up for replacement and I would like to move away from the run flats to normal tyres and purchase a space saver wheel. The only issue is all the ones that are new seem to state they won’t fit into the spare wheel compartment under the boot! Is it because they are 19” wheels? I don’t want to carry it around in the boot as I need all the space.

Bit of on oversight by Merc if they don’t fit because of the size.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The urea tank for the ADBLUE injection system fills the space for the spare wheel hence it was dropped in 2013 when the facelift W/S212 was introduced

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi Guys,

I have a 2019 E220D estate which came with 19” run flat tyres, they are coming up for replacement and I would like to move away from the run flats to normal tyres and purchase a space saver wheel. The only issue is all the ones that are new seem to state they won’t fit into the spare wheel compartment under the boot! Is it because they are 19” wheels? I don’t want to carry it around in the boot as I need all the space.

Get a couple of cans of tyreweld and keep them “JIC”

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
My
Hi Guys,

Many MBs don't have space for a spare in the boot anymore. If replacing run flats with normal tyres MB recommends that you have a Tirefit kit in the boot.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom