Door card interior and glowplugs

simon tompkins

Reaction score
hi guys im just about to try and sort my mrs passenger door out,when you lock the doors on the central locking the passenger door just bounces up and down and doesnt lock,so im thinking its the motor i have a couple of qustions if you dont mind.

when i remove the door panel is there anything i have to do with regard to the airbag in the door,also will it just be a replacement motor or is there sometning i can do to fix it, (i no you cant really tell but there might be a common problem)

also the interior is starting to look a little sad is there some way of bring it back to life, (i have a 96 e280 avantgarde and my interior is perfect)

im also going to change the glowplugs on tuesday i have seen the thread on glowplugs,and i have removed the plastic covers of the engine and it looks pretty straight forward but im worried about getting a socket on the glowplug near the bulkhead as there doesnt seem to be much access,do you remove the pipe that goes into the fuel rail it has a white clip on it,do you pull this clip or pinch it to rempove the pipework while you are changing the plug.

sorry for so many questions but i have to do this work myself as the car has been costing me a fortune lately
52 plate c220 cdi

thanks simon

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Would you like the instructions for taking off the panel and changing the door locking motor Simon

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
hello simon. the locking fault is very common and requires a new lock mechanism (the motor, microswitch and latch are all in one). it is however surely possible to fix them some how - perhaps someone will come along with a fixit guide?? regarding the airbag, a precaution would be to disconnect the battery, but note that we disconnect/reconnect them all day long without problems - just be sure the ignition stays off if you do disconnect as a fault code will be logged if not.

sorry about the sad interior, just stains or wear and tear?

the rear glow plug can be done without removing any pipes, but requires a little care and a 1/4" deep socket. to make it easier you can remove the pipe (press the white clip in towards the union), but again take care and be aware that it will initially be reluctant to start afterwards.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
oh, and take malcolm up on his kind offer.

OP
S

simon tompkins

Reaction score
hi guys as usual a great response,is the interior leather or just a substitute ,also i would like to take you up on the offer please television i have removed the door panel now but i cant see how to remove the motor and im not going to try until i get a replacement motor,do gsf do the door motors

thanks in advance for your time and patience in answering these questions

regards simon

OP
S

simon tompkins

Reaction score
thanks malcom ive just seen youve already sent them,ive just got a lillte bit afraid its qiute a bit of work to just change the motor,how long should this take and do i really have to remove the window

simon

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is not the glass it is the motor.

I am sending you 2 more papers,,one deals with the bouncing button in a different way

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
if your airbag light is working normally then you can disconnect air bags without disconnecting the battery, as said ignition off, even tho the air bag doesnt have a live feed until the sensor goes off .. But with any DIy jobs disconnecting the battery is totally safe and you will feel more secure doing the job.. Also just thinking the airbag from memory is pop riveted to the door , so better to keep it in place if possible..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
With an Email address yes I can send them

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
:idea: Perhaps one of you chaps could produce a DIY for it. That would save Malcolm from posting instructions to every one.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:idea: Perhaps one of you chaps could produce a DIY for it. That would save Malcolm from posting instructions to every one.

What and lose post points ;):twisted:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom