1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door Handle Paint

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by apj0524, Nov 12, 2012.

1. apj0524

apj0524 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    2009 C220 Cdi W204 Saloon Sport
    Hi

I have a 2009 W204 in silver, any one experience the paint starting to peel away from the door handles?

I guess it will be touch up job as I can't imagine Mercedes will be too sympathetic on this.

Andy

2. Xtractorfan

Xtractorfan Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S class
    I honestly have never seen original paint flaking from door handles or other plastic parts... I would certainly go back to the dealer and let them see the problem.. I wonder have the handles been colour coded afterwards..altho in saying that I dont believe that any models come with non painted handles...
    Are all the handles flaking?

3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Interesting that some handles now come unpainted as the stocks run out, it would be simple to take it off and re paint it, but you say handles, is it more than one

4. OP
    apj0524

apj0524 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    2009 C220 Cdi W204 Saloon Sport
    Hi

Thanks for the replies, sorry should have been a bit clearer, it's only one, the near side rear door. I initially thought it might have been caused by a ring on daughters hand but the paints flaked off at the top and and the front of the handle.

Interesting to have it suggested that I might get the dealer to cover this, as I had assumed, because of the many failed attempts by others on here I would be wasting my time, and it would better to have it removed and repainted myself

Andy

5. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    If it is only the top clear coat, then it might have been scratched and re coated, they are dead easy to take off, though you can do it with aerosols,, this finish is not as hard as the original finish.

Why not ask MB first, you never know on these things, its like a lottery pool some win others do not