Door lock/locking problem

Ted morris-taylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
52 plate c 200 evolution coupe 1.8 kompressor
Hello im new to this fourm, im ted i have a 52 plate c200 kompressor, i have 2 issues. As of tonight i went to open my boot, it opened fine and stoped locking so now i have a flapping boot. Being an electrician Iv taken the boot card of so it you can see the lock iv checked the connection and its fine theres no vacume going to it for the centeral locking. The lock wont lock at all, is this down to the lock being broken and needing replacnet or is it the relay that works with the centeral locking button. And secondly my drivers door is tempermental some times it locks/unlocks and some times it doesnt. The pasenger door works fine. Is this due to this vacum systen iv heard of. Any help at all will b mich aprecated. Many thanks ted

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is you car a 202 please as you say you have a vacuum system

OP
T

Ted morris-taylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Im not to sure if it has a vacume or not i think os a 202 or a 203 i reappy dnt have the faintest idea, where would i b able to find out?

DennisTheMenace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C220CDI Avantgarde Sport Estate
52 would be W203 shirley??

In that case the locks are motor driven, does the lock move rapidly up and down when you lock it? If yes, it's a little spring in the door lock, I have just fixed the passenger lock on my W203 estate. also with the boot, i have a similar issue where one day it decided latching shut just wasn't the done thing. again striped the mech down, regreased reassembled and its been fine since, this is also motor driven, or on the estate solenoid.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes then as Denis, the odd 202 was still sold then, one thing to check for is 12 volt on the locking motor as the motor could have failed or maybe a broken wire in the boot hinge area.

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
The 202 was never available as a 1.8 kompressor. The 202 was available as a 2.0 kompressor which is rare compared to the 2.3 kompressor which is more common. Hence the car can only be a 203

OP
T

Ted morris-taylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Im pretty sure it is a w203. Your problem sounds exactly like mine the drivers door rapidly goes u and down and the passenger worls normaly. Sometimes the key can lock the soor but sometimes not. Are you serjesting daking my drivers door apart and then looking at the motor or locl and replaceing a spring? If so where ca i get it? And with my boot are you sayig to disconec the wire to the lock and then taking the lock apart or looking at the actual boot handle? Sorry to be a pain. Many thanks guys

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You can buy the springs on Ebay to repair the bouncing lock, I have the instruction for taking it out.

Re the boot, is your cable operated or electric

OP
T

Ted morris-taylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you could give me the link to the buyer on ebay please? And my boot lock is fixed to the boot panel with 2 fixings and then has a cable going to it. But before this happened my boot was really stiff when it was warm it would open normaly and when it was cold i struggled to open it. Would you advise on getting a new lock and plugging it on and trying the centeral locking? Many thanks bro

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
A link is included in the How to thread in the DIY section also a 25% discount code.

Last edited:
OP
T

Ted morris-taylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My boot problem

Hello again. My boot has a problem atm its not locking at all do i need to buy another lock? Its not making the machine gun sound. I think the solenoid in the lock enclosure is broken? Can anyone advise me? Iv looked all over the net but havnt found anythink like my problem

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You do need to establish if you have 12 volt going to the locking motor when locking,, it could be a faulty motor or a broken wire in the hinge area
m.mycat

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom